Help creating a game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey. I know HOW to create a game and make bots and all...but I have a few questions.

1) How can you create a game where you can have the power to make or delete bots in game?

2) How can you create a game where you have the power to boot anyone who's lagging or simply causing a problem or anything.

3) how can you make a game where you have a time limit and can switch to a new map after time runs out, or at least have a vote pop up?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Hit the '=' button. A menu will come up and you can choose kick bot(s). If it doesn't come up, in console type bind = bot_menu.

2) Any game created you have the power to boot (also called kicking). Just type: kick user in console (user being the player's nickname). You can also use SteamID but sometimes it is easier just to use the persons nickname.

For extra options like banning, you need to install Admin-Mod or AMX Mod.

3) In console type mp_timelimit XX where XX is your time limit for each map.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have another question. I had a game up for a long time and nobody showed up. Do I have to create a server or just simply create a game?

Best answers
If you are creating a listenserver [non-dedicated] (my guess is you are), your game will NOT show up in the Steam dedicated server list. The only people who can view your game are people on your Friend's List-- your game will display in the Friends tab on the server menu screen.

In the case of it being a dedicated server and its not showing up in the server list, you have conflicts with a firewall or misconfigured ports opened. The default port for HL servers is 27015. To be sure, just open anything from 27000-27050. I have seen 27016 and 27025 before. There's a way to specify ports for HL, but don't worry about that. Open your router config page (192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.100 if you are using linksys or netgear-- I am not sure what other routers use, but I imagine something similar). Go to your port forwarding section. If you have a netgear router, there's a drop-down box for applications, and Half-Life is included. Select it if applicable and save settings. Else, you'll have to manually input the ports I posted above.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had people join my game from a listen server, that is false (on WON and Steam).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom