Help - Crashing Games

P00

Best answers
i have a constant problem with hl mods. at first, i thought it was just counter-strike that had a problem, but now that esf too crashes for no apparent reason, i believe it is half life.
i have a p4 1.8ghz, geforce 4 4200, 128 mb ddrram, 80 gig hd, asus p4 motherboard, etc. etc. i dont think my hardware has any problems. my version of half life is the adrenaline pack one, aka game of the year. i have updated it to version 1.1.1.0 and am not quite sure if that IS the latest one.
onto the problem: loading up half life and the mod is fine. i am able to find a server relatively quickly, thanks to broad band, but am still kind of slow considering it took me around 45 secs to update 28 servers for esf. as soon as i connect, the initializing and downloading status assumes, the loading screen scrolls up and all seems to be fine. HOWEVER, as soon as the actual game begins, as in i have chosen a character, team and have spawned, approximately 30 secs into the game, my game freezes. i can look around but nothing else. a couple of seconds later, the top right hand corner says in red text: Connection Problem. at that point, i have realized something is wrong. i immediately try to reconnect through the console. it seems to work but stops. then i have to alt-tab exit and close with right-click on the start menu. at this point, i realize my ENTIRE INTERNET CONNECTION, yes the BROADBAND connection that is supposed to be online 24-7, is gone. i cannot use the internet. the only way to regain my internet is to restart my computer.
please, someone tell me what is wrong with my game. i have had this problem from several months, probably now a year. from this problem, i have missed out on many cs games and other hl mods. any help is appreciated, even flaming as this may cue in possible solutions to my problem.
thank you all for reading my lengthy problem and good luck in pursuing a solution, for i have yet to find one.
forgot to mention i am part of a network, using a router.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont play in softwear mode

change to open gl or something else

try that and see if it works

P00

Best answers
im playing with direct 3d. i use it cause of my geforce 4 vid card.

P00

Best answers
is anyone else going to attempt to help me?

Best answers
I dont think it has to do with HL sounds like you have a virus or somethin I donno how about throw away your comp but a new one, buy a new HL and download esf again and then im sure it will work

P00

Best answers
sadly, part of your potential solution has already been done. i have had hl for a long time, like a couple of years now. when i got it, i had a p2 something something something. just recently, during the summer, i got a new one, the one listed above. with a fresh com, i installed half life. i patched it to 1110. i installed esf. end result: nothing. i am now at the point where i have completely given up on this goddamn game. i highly doubt its worth buying a new version of hl, let a lone ANOTHER com.

btw, if that was your attempt at humor, i just pity you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can only guess, but have you deactivated the option "disconnect after x mins of inactivity"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom