help bigpack plzzz respond

Best answers
when im going to make a sever it freezes and 2 minute latter it loggs me of
and gives me a error it dident do this untill i downloaded the bigpack v8.4
one of my friends tole me to put it in the esf folder and i did plzz help me

Best answers
i dealeted the game and renstal the game i dident instal bigpack because it gave me errors and something say free hunk at the end of the error?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
i dealeted the game and renstal the game i dident instal bigpack because it gave me errors and something say free hunk at the end of the error?
Screenshot please or at least the entire message itself. What the console had to say would be great too.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That means you dont have enough free RAM.

Can you tell me how much RAM do you have and what Windows version do you have?

Basically said. The game cant load cause it uses to much of your RAM for character loading. Only 2 ways to fix it is remove characters or get more RAM. You could allso try to close all not needed programs such as MSN to try and free RAM, but thats not guaranteed to work.

Best answers
i have 512 ram and a penium3 with 14.32gb capacity and i got6.79gb free space 47%free space=)its a 2002 cpu

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
i have 512 ram and a penium3 with 14.32gb capacity and i got6.79gb free space 47%free space=)its a 2002 cpu
Your RAM is the problem.

You dont have enough. ECX has a requirement of 1024 MB RAM. But thats only to be safe. ECX alone should work with 512 MB RAM as long as you arnt runing to many other applications. But adding characters to ECX will increase the RAM usage so much that even people with 1024 MB RAM have problems runing it.

Your only options are to remove the Big Pack (reinstall everything exept the big pack) or get more RAM.

Best answers
where can i get more ram for a cpu that is 6 years old?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
where can i get more ram for a cpu that is 6 years old?
Any decent computer store should have it. You just need to know what to buy. Since your PC is 6 years old im guessing you either have SD RAM. But thats just a guess.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
=/

I have 256 mb RAM on this machine and i could run ECX without errors. Just chugged out a bit whenever something loaded for the first time. Like it would lag a bit when an attack was fired but only the first time, same with adv melee. Just needed a little warming up.

Best answers
and when i throw people i dont see there character or mine when i run after them to punch them??????and one of my friends wanted me to download esf budokai can i handle
it?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I advise against that thing.

Itll make you lag while playing. ESF Budokai as they call it is nothing more than fake model cellshading. But with that all the models have double the amount of polygins. Wich results in a drastic FPS drop. Even my 3GHz Pentium 4 PC drops from 100 to below 30 when there are 5 people in the server with those models.

Oh and your throw bug sounds like you are using Software Graphics mode. Swich to Open GL, update your GFX drivers. And try the command fs_lazy_precache 1 (you type it into the console BEFORE you join or make a server!!)

If that dont help you then i have no more advice.

Oh and just a warning. Using the command i told you about will make ECX load up fast. But while ingame your game will lag a bit each time an attack is used the first time or a new character model is shown (basically when a Goku transforms for the first time you will lag a bit to load the model since the model was not loaded when the map was loading)

Same goes for attacks.

Best answers
i said cant support Open GL?? and i put in fs_lazy_precache 1 in the command

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you upลกdate your Graphics drivers and what Graphics card do you have?

Best answers
im not sure i dont know how to chek i ask my mom and she said she dosent know=(

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
OK now we have a problem.

Software mode not only uses up a lot more resources when runing the game. It allso means youll have loads more bugs.

OK try this.

Open the "Start" menu and select "Run..."

When the window opens type in dxdiag and press enter.

Now at the top you have some tabs. Select "Display" and it should show you some information about your graphics card. Type here what it says under "Name" and "Chip Type"

Best answers
name:nvidia riva tnt2/tnt2 pro(microsoft
chip type riva tnt2/tnt2 pro

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i use to have that on a older pc but still had open gl but bad fps , and your ram is DDRam

Be sure you instaled the corect video drive

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom