HeLLPP!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!!!Everytime i try and install esf either when its zipped or when its zipped or not it always says when im installing i/o error then it says corrupt installation destination or something like that !!!! HELPPP

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It sounds like you have a corrupted installation file, one of the reasons for which might be an improper download. Try downloading the installation file again, this time from a different mirror - and under normal circumstances, this problem should be solved.

http://www.esforces.com/files.php

Best answers
Ah,probably thats corrupted download...Wait a sec.,zipped???Where did u downloaded that zipped file(I only know that full instalations are always non ziped-only patches are zipped :scared: o_o ???)?Anywayz,what grOOvy said...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"corrupt installation destination" sounds for me like your HL folder is cracked ... check you HDD for errors ... if not check if you'Ve got full rights to the folder you want to install (and a few more)

Retired
Best answers
Yeah basicly it sounds like you either have a corrupt installer, in which case just download it again from fileplanet if you can, halflife itself is corrupted which basicly means you'd have to reinstall it, or something is wrong with your installer problem, aka windows, but lets hope that isn't the case unless you have a lot of free time ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive downloaded esf like 10 times from diff places and still it doesn't work and i just reinstalled Hl so ......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry, Smurf ... but have you seen my post ???
if it says something with the destination, itmeans that there's an error in your destination folder (ordinary)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how do you find that error

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would hacks have anything to do with it cause i have hacks on my half-life but i never play with hacks

Best answers
If u still have the installation file, when u reinstall it where it says to download the mp3s make sure the checkbox is empty. It should then work. I had the same problem with mine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what install file ? esf or hl ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.esforces.com/files.php <-- this should work a lil bit better

shadow_25 talked about the ESF installer ... there's a option which allows you to download the mp3s ... he said that you hould turn it off ... then it should work

(I dunno ... I DLed the full installer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom