Head Bust

Best answers
I'm pretty new to the forum,but not the game itself.It's never crossed my mind to explore the area a bit though,but look at me now.Anyways,I'm just here to showcase a project that I've taken up the challenge of doing,thanks

to my two awesome teachers.(I'm not actually in college for it,but they've stuck by my side and aided me for the longest)In this image,you see that I'm highly focused on what appears to be this puffed,marshmallow like

hair.I'm attempting to get as much detail into it as possible at the moment.The more obvious thing that you'll more than likely see is that there's no torso,arms,legs,or feet.I'm working with a team by the name of

"ShinobiRisings" and people are all like "Lets do vocals and I'm all like "= _=;".A while ago,I was checking out the In-game teaser featuring Vegeta and became inspired by his facial animation.I thus began my search for

understand where I eventually found out that it could be related to morph targeting.Last week,I took the initiative to study a lot of it and produced a low poly head with morph targets(Blinking eyes,Cheek movement,Brow

Movement,Etc),but felt that it wasn't enough,so I restarted the entire project yesterday and ended up adding Hair,Eyebrows,a mouth cavity and am at the moment,sculpting detail into the ears.Below is what it currently at.I

did create eyeballs,but the main focus at the moment is the hair and such.

HighPoly.jpg

I'm doing this in a series of steps,so I'm going to post them at the moment.

CGI

-Make adjustments to hair and facial topology(I'm only,at the moment using Zbrush for the sole purpose of moving around geometry.)
-Export Low Poly's back into Max and continue to work on the face(I'm planning on adding the Inferior/Superior Lacremal Punctrum,Canthus and Caruncle to the head as one entire piece)
-Create more realistic eye and eyelashes.(I'm planning to do both the Eye Lash and Eye in Zbrush)
-Setup the shaders(I'm planning to add SSS Material support and want the eyes to have a more life-like appeal to them)
-Take the head back into Zbrush and sculpt some details in for a final bust and some Normal and Displacement maps.
-Setup the Proxy Cloth on the hair for a Cloth Simulation that will render the hair somewhat bouncy,but weighted in areas.(Yes,yes.I'm going to use a cloth Sim for hair physics,lol)
-When satisfied,I will texture the object,fix the lighting and render a test.
-Finally,I'll begin pooping out some facial morphs,tie everything together into the rig(which magically appears now) and animate.

GAME

-I plan to use the previously created Normals for the low poly model already and since all of the topology is adequate,I wont have to retopologize anything.(I'll more than likely create specular,occlusion,etc map)
-I'll be using previously created rig on this also and more than likely exclude the cloth sim.(Bones will be it's replacement.In the engine,I can just make the link of bones move like chains,but with lots of air resistance)
-I'm sure that the texture is reusable so I'll just throw that in there also.

The only thing that I have yet to figure out is how I'll get the eyes to move.I could morph them and all...or I could probably -NOPE NOPE NOPE,not a programmer.Well,that's the end for me.I've got tons of work to do.

Take care people and hope this post didn't irritate you guys. :C

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Impressive :p

As for the eyes. If you want you can create eye lids, that retract in to the interior of the head and are animated like everything else (probably the simplest solution), or get the programmers of your game cracking on giving models animated textures, in which case you can simply animate them in to the texture. This would require more work on the coder side, but you could pull of nice blinking (a bit robotic if the coders dont factor in some short random delay for the animation to play).

All in all looks interesting. As for the model itself. Im no modeler, so all i can say is looks good :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks nice, good to see another artist on the forums. Kind of sucks that this section isn't as active (and probably won't be) as it used to be.

Best answers
Impressive :p

As for the eyes. If you want you can create eye lids, that retract in to the interior of the head and are animated like everything else (probably the simplest solution), or get the programmers of your game cracking on giving models animated textures, in which case you can simply animate them in to the texture. This would require more work on the coder side, but you could pull of nice blinking (a bit robotic if the coders dont factor in some short random delay for the animation to play).

All in all looks interesting. As for the model itself. Im no modeler, so all i can say is looks good :p
I'm so leaning towards the first idea on account of having little program skills.I actually had nodes setup around the previous face rig that I created for the lips so that they could be animated,but my problem with the idea is securing those
nodes into place so that I'm not all having to try to send each one back to it's default.I'm sure there's a simple solution though that's standing behind my back...with a knife. B | Darn you solutions.

Looks nice, good to see another artist on the forums. Kind of sucks that this section isn't as active (and probably won't be) as it used to be.
It's all good.I kind of like to keep attention towards it's lowest.Some immature things happened on another forum where people started comparing works of me and another artist.This nearly caused the entire team to disband.
Whoot,more artists.Hope your profile has arts that I might view.

Best answers
[video=youtube_share;_kzgLSbqe0A]http://youtu.be/_kzgLSbqe0A[/video]

Just a tiny update.I managed to get the morph targets for the eyes down and am still tinkering with those and many others.
I made an incandescent map for the SSS material and managed to make some simple physics for the hair using proxies and
and a cloth modifier.There's nothing to use as boundary points since I didn't want to draw out the simulation any longer.
: 3 I've gotta make darn eye lashes though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom