Has ESF: Final made 'YOU' a bitter person?

Are you one of those guys?

• I'm like Goku: Helping everyone I can, even the bad guys!

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • I'm like Piccolo: It may time some time for you to grow on me, but in the end I'll be there for you.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I'm like Vegeta: Really I just need to help myself.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • I'm like Frieza: Help you? Oh.. well you may need some help cause I'm going to kill you!

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Every road has it's trials, good times, and bad times and it's rarely the case that we find ourselves unchanged after walking some of those more lengthy paths. Most of the time we may never know ourselves; thus require either the impute of someone close to us, or personal reflection to understand and/or realize how we've been effected by such things.

Now the majority of us know that this thing is going to get done when it's done, either cause we've waited so long that we no-longer have immediate expectations to be fulfilled(thanks to observation), or just hearing it first hand from someone who knows better. Every day(if not hour) new people are drawn to the project, like lambs to the slaughter, seeking relevant information about it. Allot of the time they are greeted rather... inhospitably. There there may be the case where one intentionally and habitually inquires after receiving one, or more affirmations to their inquiries.

Over the years it's been quite assured that no matter what happens these things are only going to persists, and a good number of the veterans have been made quite moody because of it. In the end aren't we all here for the same thing? Shouldn't we help bolster our little community and make more of an effort to get involved with the newer generation which has turned it's eye to this old, but glamorous project?

So what I really have to say is this-- 'To treat compassion as the truest form of wealth, is altruism in it's purest form; and a kind of otherness from which ego is torn.'

I like to think we can all help each-other out here...

Y'know.. unless your a spiteful galactic conqueror hellbent on making a profit of everyone else's planet.
But your not.. right?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Nah, the game itself is a bonus. Bittervets will always be bittervets no matter what, in any community. Even if the game was released 2-3 years ago and was amazing and addicting the bittervets of this place would still be bitter

what I'm saying is shut the **** up i hate you
(this is how we address each other now, it's the new A/S/L)

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Nah, the game itself is a bonus. Bittervets will always be bittervets no matter what, in any community. Even if the game was released 2-3 years ago and was amazing and addicting the bittervets of this place would still be bitter

what I'm saying is shut the **** up i hate you
(this is how we address each other now, it's the new A/S/L)
I cant tell if your a bitter vet or a butter butt EON.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So, here's the deal.

In the beginning, we welcomed all newcomers. We coddled them, we fed them, we bathed them, we imparted knowledge upon them. And for a time, all was good. Some stayed, some left. Those who stayed passed on their knowledge to the new generation, and this continued for quite some time.

But at some point, the newcomers changed. They were no longer eager fans, willing to take the time to learn. Instead, they were extremely demanding, and believed they were entitled to everything under the Sun. They couldn't be bothered to read the tutorials we linked them to. They couldn't be bothered to read the stickies we so graciously and conveniently placed at the top of every section. They couldn't be bothered to do much of anything, except for complain. And complain they did. About features, about models, about time tables, about the community, about each other. No matter what, nothing was good enough. Their every need was not being met, and they made sure the world knew. And so they screamed at the top of their lungs, while veterans tried to console them in the way only a parent can. But it was not enough, and soon the veterans became wary of newcomers.

And that's really all there is to it. We start off neutral now, rather than excited to have another player in our community. And every time that person posts asking for the release date, or complaining about simple melee, or that there aren't enough servers and so on, our dislike for that person increases. Once it reaches our threshold, we simply toss that person to the wayside, and the meaner veterans will eviscerate him with words until the day he decides he has had enough.

I'm looking at you, Aurum. You've made me a believer in 4009th term abortions.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
That's people for you. Especially on the internet. And you admit to letting these people change how you handle the whole manner now. Now I'm not saying it's a bad decision; cause we all know how people can be over the interweb, what with pointless bravado, and a lack of patience that makes Super Buu look like Guru. Still nurture the existing community first(which is what you do) and try to get them on board with helping sort through the refuse(what you should also do). Y'all don't have to go it alone. In some cases it's good to have people at your back.

And when I say at your back I mean anti-troll devices like Devrez.. who is quite good at it. But mediation helps. Cause spending so much time with it has given some of ya a rather low boiling point.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Our bitterness has greatly increased because we tried what you suggested and failed miserably.

For like 5 years.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Or, and this is just me, I could be a giant *******. This is certainly the more entertaining of the two options, and so I'm going to go ahead and keep not giving a shit about children. In the end, we're going to get flooded once 1.3 gets released, anyway.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Hey man. It's the journey not the destination. be a *********(wut?) if you wanna. I'm just trying to see where everyone is at with this. You do you man if that means you have to bring the hammer down on some people then by all means. But do it with good reason, and a camera. Cause that shi* is usually funny to watch.

--- edit ---

@ EON:: So you tried and failed to believe in what reward you would receive, and hoped that heaven's distant sun would burn away all the things you've done?

Giving up is what kills people! Those who refuse to give up are entitled their time to trample upon the weak!!!!!

Also.. maybe you didn't have the right people?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I help where i can, but if the person who im trying to help is simply not listening then ill smack the hammer down if needed.

Best answers
I've only been waiting for the game for a little over a year and I don't feel I've become bitter at all - anxious would the word......OCD anxious.

IMA WHALE URGLEURGLEURGLE
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I cant help but notice you wrote Vegeta's name incorrectly in the poll.

It make me pick your 4th option. xD

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
@ Critical_Error *goes to get my belt* I sooo beg to differ!

@ Grega Point is you shell out the effort off the bat, it's not your fault if someone persists in not heeding good advice. Some people just cant be helped; it's sad but true.

@ Reading Rainbow,, I've played since 2003-2006 -2010-present I missed the first announcements of final and when they started the open beta. But I'm more than glad to be back. I'm very antsy about the game but I'm also very patient. And I have the open beta to keep me company, and fill the void ECX and 1.2.3 currently cannot ^,,^

@ Gspy,, Thanks I didn't realize that. It's still Vegeta. just with more T!

@ FirenDJ,, What is this? THIS IS KAMIHOUSE!!!!

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I am a good boy :)
Please stop spamming this thread

And when I say at your back I mean anti-troll devices like Deverz (Typo Fixed). who is quite good at it. But mediation helps. Cause spending so much time with it has given some of ya a rather low boiling point.
I'm glad my skills are recognised.

You've been around long enough to see me argue with a few trolls, It makes it hard to not become bitter when people who are wrong demand you believe they are right (LSSJ)

What is this?
You can also not spam

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I think your right, and it is hard to keep yourself from being so affected by it, a reminder helps.. such as just thinking about how much an idiot those people can be. If they make you an ass-hat then they win... eh in a sense at least.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ₯‰Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
jajaja well, i chose Frieza is funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom