Happy Birthday Martin Luther King, Jr.!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It took awhile for people to get his birthday to become a federal holiday and he completely deserved it. Chances are, without him, other influential individuals, and a number of civil rights groups, things could be sucking a lot more for many people, including myself.

And of course, a day off =D. The purpose of this thread is to honor Dr. King and just say what you gonna do on the day off.

Now I know this holiday only affects the United States, but did Dr. King's influence reach other countries?

Best answers
For the most part of Europe, Hitler was the main inspiration to say no to racism and anti-semitism.. When WW2 ended, people said "nevermore" and started seeing eachother as equals.

Anyway, happy birthday Mr. King..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
It took awhile for people to get his birthday to become a federal holiday and he completely deserved it. Chances are, without him, other influential individuals, and a number of civil rights groups, things could be sucking a lot more for many people, including myself.

And of course, a day off =D. The purpose of this thread is to honor Dr. King and just say what you gonna do on the day off.

Now I know this holiday only affects the United States, but did Dr. King's influence reach other countries?
Sad thing is, is we shouldn't have needed someone to need to speak out against racism or sexists. Not in the land of the free. Where everyone is equal =/

But, he's a good man, and I'll always be thankful for what he did. I might not be with the girl I'm with now if it wasn't for him.

So happy birthday Mr. King. And thank you for everything you've done.

Best answers
Always loved this guy and enjoy reading about him. The school I go to is even named after him. Happy B-Day MLK.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Happy MLK day~

He was a great man. o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehehe kinda Ironic yesterday was John Wilks Booth day.

Happy B-day Mr. King.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Happy B-day MLK, may you rest in peace now,

The world still isn't treating everybody equal, but at least its a lot better then it was in the past.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
Happy B-day MLK, may you rest in peace now,

The world still isn't treating everybody equal, but at least its a lot better then it was in the past.
The important thing is that we're getting there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom