Half-Life Toolery.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it just me, or does Half-Life have the absolute WORST community of players on earth?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's amoung the biggest. It goes with that.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, since majority of the Half-Life community plays Counter-Strike, I'll agree with that statement, and it's quite unfortunate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I mean seriously, I'm asking. I've played a lot of games over the past few years. Why are the Half-Life people such...tools? I mean, you get *******s in every game, but it seems like in HL and it's many mods, it's the rule rather than the exception!

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only about 15% of people that play any type of hl mod can be concidered nice and easy to get along with. You have to remember that A LOT of people playing are infact under the age of 15 and try to act cool, tough and dangerous and just end up making themselves look like total ass'... you know who you are. Another thing is that there is so much compatition in those online games to be the "best" that most people just dont care how they act in the run to becoming the "leetest mofo in all the world".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bigger the game, the more annoying whiny ****s you'll find. And unfortunately, Half-Life is a very popular game.

Best answers
I try to be nice , but somtimes i get a bit hot headed , but if you wanna play somthing with out them , play ut2004 or somthing along those lines , cause ive found most of them are nice....well the ones ive seen

Best answers
Even if you want to be nice some ppl wont let you be... ;)
Anyway, i agree with SaiyanPrideXIX, and i play a LOTS of games, but none thats as popular as HL.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not even the popularity. I think it's the low system requirements, personally. Playing Half-Life mods isn't much of a commitment. Any schmuck kid can throw it on a busted computer and call it even. Thus a lot of people go into it to begin with not taking it too seriously.

Best answers
I agree, the Half Life community is one of the worst I've seen. Many times have I joined a game only to be *****ed at, personally insulted or kicked from the server for getting a kill. Then this toolness spreads into some forums aswell, for example I've seen forums where work is constantly ripped from other mods and passed off as their own work on a regular basis.
It's a shame really, Half Life and it's mods are generally great and it's a shame that it has to be spoiled by the bad players. I think this is something that's happening with ESF1.2 lately but I'm glad to say that this place is nowhere near as bad as some of the places I've seen.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a game.. so of course a person's fustrations will be interpreted as hatred to another. The rush of competition will either bring out your best or your worst (depends on your score at that moment ^^)

I say we all just need to realize some people have skills and some people don't.. run our cheat detectors and realize that you can't win everything...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is the only major FPS game I play, I figured most FPS games were like that.
The average server of people in Half-Life and many mods can be quite depressing, but lots of things in life are like that. Just have to do what you like doing, and avoid people you can't stand whenever possible. Most forum communities I've been in are pretty civilized, as are most popular game servers.

Best answers
I agree with you Pride, and it's a shame really. Even so, no matter how bad it goes, i try my best to be one of the "nice guys".

Best answers
I Think it has to do w/ being somewhat free and low system requirements. Most games I play that require monthly fee's or whatever don't have nearly as many tool's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh... I try to ignore those that piss me off, just mute them.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Fantasy XI has some really nice people in it... It gives you that nice warm fuzzy feeling when a japanese player goes out of his way to personally walk you to so and so place, even if it takes several hours.
Back on topic though... Yeah, the HL community is made up of a bunch of *******s -_- It's really funny though, I'll be playing a game of ESF and my enemys wont have a clue who the hell I am. After I beat them up acouple times they'll start saying "HACKER!!!! F' YOU PCJOE!!! F'ING HACKER!!!!"
If I'm on a ESF server I'll start talking to them via rcon, then their whole attitude changes
"... oh... well, you guys should probably fix this..."
Pretty funny to watch.

Best answers
So true, PCJoe, FFXI had one of the best communities I've ever seen, the Japanese players were the best. Anyway, I can see where you coming from SaiyanPride, I was playing ESF just the other day and whenever I meleed some guy he said get off me *****. Oh yeah, he had a thing for calling people sand ******s.

And you know, if you think about it, what games have the most friendly communities? The ones you have to pay for, Planetside, FFXI, and even Galaxies has some pretty nice people. It looks to me like the monthly fee keeps those annoying kids away most of the time.

But yeah there are definatly some pretty immature people out their playing HL and its mods.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hsu said:
only about 15% of people that play any type of hl mod can be concidered nice and easy to get along with. .

You meet me online, I'm in that 15%. For the simple reason that I actually have Respect for people.

Best answers
Hopefully when Half Life 2 comes out there won't be as many "1337 M0f0$" on the servers, at least not for the first few months.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We can only hope that Half-Life 2 community doesn't go down the same terrible path HL 1 has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom