Half-Life 2 Delay Officially 100% Confirmed....

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taken again from PHL;

Here's the bad news from Valve's Doug Lombardi:
The previously announced September 30th release date for Half-Life 2 is being pushed back. We are currently targeting a holiday release, but do not have a specific "in-store" date to share at this time. We will release that information as soon as we have confirmed a new date.

We're very glad all this release date nonsense is over with and think Valve should have confirmed this earlier.
I am also glad this "nonsense" is over and done with and we can stop talking about September 30th ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NoooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Oh, look my info was correct :rolleyes: Can't really mourn about it, I'm awaiting LoK: Defiance more then HL2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was really hoping that they would make there initial release date, but I knew in the back of my mind, it just couldnt happen. Oh well, hl2 will still kick ass, even if I do have to wait a little longer.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you could have expected this..

most likely it 'll be in stores around christmas or so..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jeeze. Like we didn't see that one coming.

In fact, I saw that **** at the god damn airport getting a cab to START coming, nevermind just plain old seeing it coming. Hell, I saw that **** going through Customs. lol

Best answers
SON OF A *****!!

damn this sucks

thats it!! im not buying it! im just gona burn it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol...dude, that is NO gonna work. It doesn't even work with original Half-life...at least in multiplayer.

I'm waiting for companies to smarten up and force the CD key for even the SP game. That ought to can piracy pretty well, don't you think? lol

I guess your SP will work but why bother? Two months later some awesome mod will come out and you will end up buying HL2 anyway. Know what I mean, dude?

Best answers
ahahah yeah the cd key is the prob always the prob!!
ehh but i might buy it if it is good. if it isnt i might not even install it.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure they will put the most advanced techniques of protection on it. But I doubt they will win that battle.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
burning works with the original half life, all u need is the cd key.....

so burning should work with hl2 but... you would need the code for whatever security feature it has

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was talking with a few guys at EB and they said they have had HL2 being released around October 10-20 for a long time. I have also seen places online say they are getting it November 14th.

As for when it actually gets released in stores I will bet they will release it on steam a good 2 weeks before it goes out to stores... How many here were actually going to even think about downloading it of that lovely thing called steam?

I wonder if this means that the offical HL2 benchmark scedualled for the september 30th release will also be delayed.

Best answers
*sighs* these release dates suck.
Must have been a few years since i bought a game that wasnt delayed >=(
valve - why move the date foward when you cant even make the november date??
*hates valve now*

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, you all should have listened to Vivendi in the first place when they called it a holiday title :p

Best answers
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*blows up*

I just bought a whole computer for it too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, we all saw this coming, so...

And this gives me some time to get the money to actually buy the game :rolleyes:
(Would you believe I actually just have 8 euros left on my bank account? o_o )

Anyway, if Valve needs more time to finish the game, let them. Just means that there'll be less bugs n stuff. Maybe they'll even fix Steam up a bit in the meantime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not even flynn could save steam

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, wait, this just in: guess it wasn't delayed after all...

;)

Best answers
Hsu said:
I was talking with a few guys at EB and they said they have had HL2 being released around October 10-20 for a long time. I have also seen places online say they are getting it November 14th.

As for when it actually gets released in stores I will bet they will release it on steam a good 2 weeks before it goes out to stores... How many here were actually going to even think about downloading it of that lovely thing called steam?

I wonder if this means that the offical HL2 benchmark scedualled for the september 30th release will also be delayed.
I got steam and to be perfectly honest I like it alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom