Hackers

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh yeh, you gotta think something is up when people appear and disappear with out teleporting, or beams just show up from nowheres... actually the only reason why this happens to me is because i have 56k(if you've seen any post from me before, you know i love to complain about this.) and actually in my previous statement, i said it was probably easier than some think.

Best answers
ya, i think thats a glitch too, seeing the beams of people who died coming from where they died. It's seen tranny effects right where someone died several times.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually the guy I fought was Mr. Satan, and thanks for telling me the trick cause I was clueless! I probobly wouldn't have been suspicious if I didn't lose lock on every damn time it happened cause that's just messed up.

Best answers
Heh, y'know. That uber fast teleporting thing is actually a script. =\

I should know, because a friend of mine made one. He could instantly teleport 4 times at the push of one button. And in the time it takes most people to teleport once.

So... That kinda discredits THAT as being a 'Hack' per se.

Best answers
Originally posted by Icewynd
People've got it hacked all right, there's no question. Blocking and countering can be done pretty quickly (which I trust they will fix because it promotes block spamming, and yes that's bad).

However, I've seen people teleport 10+ times consecutively right across the map, and I'm sorry, but that just isn't possible. Usually you run out of energy after about 5 or so. I've also seen some guys using Cell with a rather strange special beam cannon. They can fire it pretty fast. Now, that's possible if you don't charge it, but this was a one-hit-killer every time. Sound strange to you?

There's also an autoaim script out. I haven't seen the script itself, so I can't really say how it works, but it's a fact that it's out there. I don't know if it works for ki attacks, but it does work for melee. It might use it on whoever you're locked onto, I don't know. Of course, that causes innumerable problems. The "all melee, no skill" type can use that to teleport around and almost instantly be right on someone's ass. Some people can do that pretty fast as it is, but it's not hard to tell an autoaim script when you run into one.

I've also seen the people killing themselves and gaining ki. There were these 2 guys in a game I was in, and they would switch characters and then kill themselves about 25 times in about a minute and a half (pretty fast, probably got a key bound to suicide) and then immediately ascend.

One other thing I've seen is someone that gets on the spectator team and looks like a teammate to both sides, but he can kill anyone. That was particularly NOT FUN. There was this one guy, M.Piccolo... He did that, and he was going around with God knows what other exploits, and he was killing everyone on both sides of this team game.

It sucks that people have to ruin the game for everyone else like that, eh? But, you can rest assured that they have no skill without their little extras.
The spectator thing isn't a hack.. it's a bug. As for the rest, I'm not so sure.

V'

Best answers
Well, I have been accused of hacking in like every server Iv been in.Usally, they dont take the time to realize how big a pl is.I mean when your knocking someone one across the map,he dosen't seem to be looking at the pl you have.So anyways,there was no one hacking just they are really,very, good .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
R@!D3R has a problem with my reaction time, but it's not really reaction time. Hold block and 2ndary attack, when a person attacks u let go of block, it's that easy. Stupid CS n00bs and their calling-people-with-skill-hackers/cheaters.

Best answers
You know, it'd be nice if people read the whole tread. I still haven't seen anyone address the fact that the guy I was fighting could charge and attack while blocking. And what about when people pull that "[playername] died" thing to raise their PL?

*After fixing a couple errors in post* it'd also be nice if I could spell...

Best answers
You can type a command in console to kill your player character, thereby increasing your PL.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well.. if your PL is below the server average.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by saiyanslayer
that was probly me, and i'll tell you how i did it:
-made my teleport my mouse wheel down
sure, if i want 1 teleport, no luck, cuz every touch is 3 of them. As for charging while blocking, it's a glitch. People see your aura for charging even after you've charged, happened to me lots of time. Last, using tons of ki attacks while not charging? Maybe they charge quickly, in sperts or use low powered attacks :S So far, no hacks for the game. If you find one, pm the url to pcjoe to see if they could make something to counter it (i hope that's what the team wants, don't think i'm speaking on their behalf)
::looks at Seeker5 and points up:: He addressed the charging while blocking. and i've seen it before all the time, its just a little lag.

Best answers
This is a little off topic but is anybody really F**king annoyed at those litte S**ts who kill them selves with ki blasts just so u dont get a kill? That really really really pisses me off.

Best answers
Why worry about kills? If you were kicking his ass, you got somethin' better than a kill, you got Power! POWER! Mwahahaha!

Uhmm... Yea... Also, I'm not positive though, I think killing yourself in that manner lowers your PL.

Best answers
Originally posted by <MRA>+PpC+
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HACKING IN A GAME, ITS CALLED CHEATING, I HAT HOW THE GAMING COMMUNITY HAS MADE A DISGRASE THE THE NAME HACKER
I just can't get past this post, the title Hacker is so overused nowadays. You can be a 'Hacker' if you're exteremly skilled in ANYTHING, not just computers. Think about it.

As for the original poster up there that I quoted, the gaming community is made up of skilled and talented programmers, artists, and writers. They know better than to label things arbitrarily(sp).

And no all caps please, that just destroys my eyes.

Best answers
Well with Mr Satan's script pack out and all, it wouldn't be that hard to teleport fast. With the press of one button, I can basically teleport across a whole map.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only time I commit suicide is if my PL is falling faster than a corporate CEO out of their penthouse window and nobody's close to kill me. I'm not gonna sit around and let my PL drain into the floor while waiting to be killed.

As for hackers. Many definitions.

The most basic and most accurate I'd say would be more synonymous with programmer. Except in this manner it usually involves reverse engineering a program to get into its source code. For example, Linus Torvalds (creator of linux) is a demi god of a hacker.

In a more commonly accepted sense, it refers to someone 'hacking' a computer. Again, this is an inaccurate naming. There's several types here.

Cracker: Someone who uses their knowledge of programming, writes their own stuff, and uses it to break into systems. Many of the best people do it to see if they can and aren't really intent on causing massive damage. This is probably what leads a lot of ppl to call them honorable. But (and don't quote me on this) it is likely that they still need massive amounts of bandwidth and DDOS atatcks to gain the access they need initially, after which a backdoor would likely be installed for easy access.

Now we reach the bottom of the barrel. ppl who don't really know much about programming, ppl who use other ppl's programs, ppl who hijack computers and bandwidth and DDOS people for the fun of it. they get off on creating havoc and pissing people off. They get disgruntled, they knock you offline and pin your connection with a DDOS attack. It makes them feel big and important. We call them script kiddies. Don't know how their stuff works, only that it does.

Now I'm sure I got at least a few details wrong. This is what I've come accross on my time on the net. Take it or leave it, don't quote me.

*edit* and yes I consider using bind scipts to be a minute form of cheating because it's not using your own reflexes or speed on the keys. Sometimes just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Good post Karrde.

"They get disgruntled, they knock you offline and pin your connection with a DDOS attack. It makes them feel big and important. "

Some kid tried that on me just last night. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by KarrdeKNR
The only time I commit suicide is if my PL is falling faster than a corporate CEO out of their penthouse window and nobody's close to kill me. I'm not gonna sit around and let my PL drain into the floor while waiting to be killed.
Dude...I fight HARDER when that happens.

I'm not sure either way, but my friend once gained a whole million PL after staying alive after his power level reached pretty much rock bottom...I was toying with him...I was letting him tag me up just to show how easily I could bounce back. I forget my PL but I had been SSJ for a while (Vegeta). He was Goku, and I was swatting his Kame's like they were ki blob shots...but because I let him try and beat on me when his PL was literally pretty much absolutely zero (he said there were no numbers in his bar anymore, that's how low it was).

Anyhow...he said that afer he finally died (from a full blast final flash, after I let him try and fight me for a bit), he got a ****load of PL from it, he said that it was almost a whole million higher.

So when my level's draining I keep fighting...cause I think you mgith get more, because of that whole weaker guy vs. stronger guy earns more PL deal...but then again maybe it was just a coincidence, or him being reset to the server average (which was only my PL plus his supposed zero, I guess--we were alone). Either way I love a challenge, so I keep it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
me to. lol. I hit 0 pl once 2. I refused to give in. man.... that worked. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom