Guild Wars; GW: Factions or DDRam??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What should i get ??

EDIT: Don't mind the DDRam thing, i just found out that i dont have any free slots left XD.

So GW or GW:F?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err... both? GW: F is an expansion pack for Guild Wars.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What they did (and I didn't really care for this, but that's another story) is they released a whole new version of GW that includes the "Factions" content as well as everything from the original. It left people like me, who bought the original, with no choice but to buy the original again in order to get the new content.

Long story short: GW comes with the "Factions" content, now.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey cool! That makes my future plans in buying Guild Wars even better. Thanks for that info Majin_You.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
What they did (and I didn't really care for this, but that's another story) is they released a whole new version of GW that includes the "Factions" content as well as everything from the original. It left people like me, who bought the original, with no choice but to buy the original again in order to get the new content.

Long story short: GW comes with the "Factions" content, now.
Well i never heard of a thing like that o_O

Always thought that Prophecies and Factions were both standalone and that you could buy them both to play in both worlds otherwise you'd have to stick with either the Factions or the Prophecies world >_>

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jakut said:
Well i never heard of a thing like that o_O

Always thought that Prophecies and Factions were both standalone and that you could buy them both to play in both worlds otherwise you'd have to stick with either the Factions or the Prophecies world >_>
I've never heard of "Prophecies", as, when I stopped playing GW, Factions was "right around the corner". At that point in time, it was announced that GW would be sold including the Factions content at the same price that the original started at. The only bonus for people who bought the original first (like me) was a few extra character slots.

I'm, naturally, not certain as to what changes were made to how they're selling the expansions; but, the last time I was at Best Buy (late last week), I could've sworn I saw Factions bundled with the original content at the same price as the original.

EDIT - Ah, I see that "Prophecies" is what they're calling the first chapter, now. I also see that "access to the original content" was misleading; the skills, items, and classes are taken from the original, but the setting and story differ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom