GUI Suggestion

Discord Member
Best answers
Hi guys, it's been a while since my last post, so it was a long time to give you guys a good idea( good as i see).

i was thinking of The General user interface of the game,concerning all the previous versions of esf we can clearly see the background is a simple image, let's change that for the final version and making it a video, it will be awesome when just opening the game and Booooom the intro video is lunched in the BG.

the video can show each character and it's transformation, a duel between to characters...

i suggest also to make the GUI a dynamic system of 3 or 4 videos cycle, means each time i open the game, i wont be obliged to see the previous video, so it continues to change the videos order.

now what do you think of that :D .

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you mean the main screen

It's not possible in HL1

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea we cant use animated inages on the main menu. HL1 limitation.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was possible years ago (ESF 1.1 or whatever had logo.avi in the main menu), but Valve "updated" the engine.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was possible years ago (ESF 1.1 or whatever had logo.avi in the main menu), but Valve "updated" the engine.
Yea. Slight animations of the main menu were possible before Valve moved HL1 to STEAM. It isnt possible since then.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Well it is possible...but we would have to recode the SteamMenus, means Serverbrowser,option,chatbox everything xD and then VAC would probably ban u^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it is possible...but we would have to recode the SteamMenus, means Serverbrowser,option,chatbox everything xD and then VAC would probably ban u^^
Lets rather focus on fixing ze grass :p

Discord Member
Best answers
it was a cool idea , but it was impossible to implement it ! now i'll start thinking of a new one, hope the next one will be better than this one, and of course possible to be implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom