guess who...

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok... crit nicely, it was really hard to do

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm its very 2d... did u even bother moving one vertex from the side view?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its the face, and ur missing all the little details that are in his mask, its very 3d in a 2d way...

Best answers
some of the vertexes arent even connected. look at the 3d view you can see the blue background in some places

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan16 said:
its the face, and ur missing all the little details that are in his mask, its very 3d in a 2d way...
show me an angled view...

Best answers
Dan16 said:
that was just jibberish, you cant have 3d in a 2d way. You got to realise that making models involves picturing what it is ur making in 3d and not relying on the front perspective alone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zoom out a little on the 3d view maybe?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i'm going to try and put this as nicely as possible considering the "great" mood i'm in, but seriously man, this is probably your 4th try at a model on these boards and they are all VERY VERY poor! You cannot tell me you HONESTLY think the forehead of a human being, or anime character is anywhere NEAR that flat, try feeling the curvature of your own head a bit, there is quite a bit of DEPTH there, why not think about adding that to you work? If your goin to make something 3d like 2d, why even waste the time putting down the points?

Either acctually put more efforts into your models, or don't post them untill you get something that somewhat resembles the apperance of a living organism, because this board isn't about cardboard cut-outs!

Best answers
ok im going to put this nicely as well, detail is all about 3d, touch ur face and you will probably relise that everything on your face is detailed in a 3d way, putting details on his mask in 2d doesnt achieve anything if you do not put in 3d, imagine you had a perfect face in front view then someone say you from the side and go WHOA THAT GUY LOOKS weird, a word of advice, a right view is just as important as the front view and make sure the sideview actually looks like something,

ok good luck now :D

Best answers
its missing something... wait wait.. i know what it is...

some 3D? its flat dude... the poly formation is good.. now just gota give it some depth on the Z axis.. then u'll be getting there

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, why dont you tell me its...
its flat dude
detail is all about 3d
or anime character is anywhere NEAR that flat
some more...

I know its flat, i was showing you the face.. i just started. I was more going for improvements on poly formation. I know its flat... wow

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, we all thought that you didnt know it was flat, now that you do you can go back and fix it on the side view

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Don't waste your time sniper, i already given up on this guy, you can't tell him anything he doesn't know already, he is a perfect modeler after only 3 weeks of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eclipse, idk where you think i said i was a pro, i show you these models. Sorry if i had to explain that i already knew it was flat. I was working mainly on the poly flow because all i hear about the other models is that they are sporatic and the poly's are all clumpy, so i tried to fix it. Instead of being jerky about it, maybe do a helpful drawover (thank you Trowa for that) so i can see what you're talking about instead of jumping down my throat all saying the same thing. I know it was flat, HOW IS THE POLY FLOW?!

Best answers
you cant really ask people to crit on poly flow when you havent even got a model, that is not a model, its basically connect the dots using a 3d program.

Best answers
Simply put, you can't have a good or even decent poly structure unless you make a 3d model...3d.

In that case, your poly structure is horrible because it does not compliment the 3-dimensional aspect of the model. Even if you were to extrude the vertices on the z-axis you would still get a sloppy structure.

From now on don't just build your models on the y/x axis, but also on the z-axis because the side portion of the model is equally as important as the front.

Now after reading this I would come to the conclusion you need to read tutorials, because you certainly are not familiar with the 3d structure of a model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom