GTO: Shonan 14 days (manga)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Greetings all!

Not sure how many of you are fans of GTO, personally it's one of my favourite manga series out there. The series ended ages ago and the anime fell into filler halfway through the manga and died.

The good news however, is that the series has been resurrected somewhat, with a new (sub) series that takes place in the events almost immediately after the end of the last series. Where GTO, after escaping hospital and causing a ruckus on TV, decides to spend the remaining two weeks of summer vacation in his old home town of Shonan.

I won't spoil too much and truth be told I've only up to chapter 6 (out of so far 36). I can't really find any links that don't seem to contain actual manga chapters (which is illegal here - don't do it!). So I don't know much about the backstory that led to the revival, however if any of you are fans of the original, this is a must-read with much of the original craziness that made GTO (in)famous.

If you've never read the series before, I highly recommend starting on the original before moving into Shonan 14 days. It's awesome!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This series has to be one of the best Series out there. GTO and GTO 14 Days is awesome!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After watching the anime/reading the manga, 14 days was a nice continuation. Admittedly, I don't quite like the cast as much as the regular one but each character is fairly distinct. Onizuka still works his magic though!

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's pretty indestructible all round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom