Great TUT

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
This tut was originaly created for the people on Zeq2 , related on the most cool dbz game on GBA , and to use on many emulators

Ok so you wont try to buy exoensive **** heres what i recomend:
Darkone s tut on how to rebuild any joypad so it can be connected to PC:

i can recomend this : you can buy a joypad from any console and rebuild it to use on your pc , ok since i work with this **** for 7 years now , i l explain how you can do this , not that hard trust me , BUT IF YOU DO THIS WRONG , YOUR LPT PORT WILL BE TOAST!!!!
Ok first buy a joypad from the folowing consoles:
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Jaguar
Sony Plystation
Sega Saturn
Virtual Boy
now this is the standart paralel port (LPT)
LPT Diods
(pin . 9 ) ----|>|-------+------> Power
|
(pin . 8 ) ----|>|-------+
|
(pin .7 ) ----|>|-------+
|
-//-
|
(pin .4) ----|>|-------+
With the ground its eaven simpler , The Sony playstation's ground is from18 to 25 pin you can youse what ever you like betten these numbers
Now the construction is simple , just make sure the Diods are place with the current specification of "D*" example " D25"
I would strongly recomend that you use a multi controller cart instead of using the LPT ports that in your mother board , cause the user thats doing this for the 1st time has no experience in this and can short sircuit the Port in result it will be toast and since its on the mother board there will be no way to replace it
Main problem with the paralel ports is the cary NO POWER SOURCE , but the joypad reguares +5v~ , in these case you need a power source (DC) with + 5V WHAT EVER you do dont exeed + 5 , eaven if you make + 6V you l be in big trouble
now that the teory is over lets get down to the schematics on how to do this for every Joypad console

Ok lets start with Nes
Schematic how to redo the port :

Snes

Now Snes and nes are the most acceseble port ever made , there the most easyer to redo for a PC . The device uses sinchrone level of formation with multi sides that can be pluged in to the PC
Snes and nes has 2 imputs blocks - Clock and Latch , that controls the information flows , there atached to pins 2 and 3 of the paralel port(LPT)
(pin 2) -----> Clock
(pin 3) -----> Latch
Also Snes/nes has a data line . Shes unique for every device and every pin has its onw Data line
(pin 10) -----> Pad 1 data - for 1st gamepad
(pin 11) -----> Pad 2 data - for 2nd gamepad
(pin 12) -----> Pad 3 data - etc....
(pin 13) -----> Pad 4 data
(pin 15) -----> Pad 5 data
Note : that pin 14 isnt in use , because he s the imput of the paralel port (LPT)

Now because Snes and nes have diferent ports , also there are many analogs (Dendy , Kenga...), because Nitendo uses hes default port from the newest machines for those reasons the made clone of the usual ports but could not copy the usual standarts "D-Cannon"
Anyway if you have a game pad and it has A, B, Turbo A, Турбо B, Select and Begin and uses 5 wires than thats NES or analog of Nes , Snes also uses 5 wires but has more buttons .
Pinout for NES clone (db9) Pinout for NES clone (db15)
DENDY!!!
+---------> Clock +-----------------> Data
| +-------> Latch | +---> Ground
| | +-----> Data | |
| | | ___________________
_____________ 8 \ o x x x x x x o / 1
5 \ x o o o x / 1 \ o x x o x x o /
\ x o x o / 15 `~~~~~~~~~~~~~' 9
9 `~~~~~~~' 6 | | |
| | | | +----> Clock
| +----> POWER | +----------> Latch
+--------> Ground +----------------> POWER

Ok next is Atari

Sega Genesis

Atention:The interface of Direct Pad Pro for Genesis(Megadrive) dont work with some new chips of the paralel ports
Next Jaguar

And finaly : Sony PS

The 1st pic is draw at looking at the port the second - reverce
To connect the 2nd joypad the wires DB25-10 и DB25-12 are being doubled ,m but for the panel 2 , change the wire DB25-10 to DB25-13, и DB25-12 на DB25-15
Be advice how ever that the paralel port may not suficient yhe power needed for the 2nd joypad and you l have only a stable work of 1 joypad
that connect the power source +5V : + from the power source 5v , - to DB25-18/19.
This interface is created for people to connect there ps joypad to there PC's , if you have trouble , you can try them out on Advanced в GamePadPro , or exeed PSX scan delay.
next :Sega saturn

Virtual Boy

Now next big step , is the setting of the software , you dont expect to plugin and say Abra cadabra will work , do you?
Now i m gonna teach you the settings of DirectPad Pro
youl need the drivers :
http://www.vsi.ru/~sva/shems/progs/dpadpr50.zip
Now a more detail on how to install it :
In the control panel of Windows chose the Joypad icon and press "Add"
in the next window press"add" and tha " chose from disk"
than specify the directory where your DirectPad Pro.Inf is
after that a few times we pres"Ok"
than we add device DirectPad Pro Standard And Force FeedBack
than in the list we can chose :
DirectPad Pro Controller and DirectPad Pro Force FeedBack Controller
Now ypu press properties and that gets us to cnfiguration window
there you need to chose the ID
of the joypad
After that chose the correct adress of your LPT port , you can see this in - devices - LPT/com ports .... Usualy its 378
If you press "buttons " that l get you in the config of changing the buttons parameters
After that chose the emu. youl be working on and your all se to Rock and Roll .........
This made specialy for the people of who dont wanna buy expensive joypads , but can easyly rebuild hes existing joypad to use on hes PC , easy as 1.2.3 :D :D :razz: , i m not responsible to the damage this might bring to your LPT port/ or pc , i gave all the attentions where ou need to be carefull

Edit :
Damm forgot , this is the wrong place to pu it in , can a mod/smod... please move this to offtopyc , thx

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow thats alot to read...
but ill save it anyway, it might come handy some day :D
untill ill buy another joy to my ps2...lol ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
heh , thx but you can use nay joypad , not just PS =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think ill just cough up the 20$ and buy an offical one instead of killing some poor nes controller

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I m not talking about a PC joypad that plugs in to the game port to play games , this tut is about how to convert any controler for a LPT port to play Emulators (psx , game boy advance.........) , and those thing i dont see in stores >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah u can buy copy gamepads that are just like the orginals but have like usb ports instead of pins

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom