Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its a skilled move

• Its a ok stratagy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
ahh hell i gotta add my opinion in here.
first of all, yes there are a lot of cheap players in the game who will shoot you in the back. all they care about is frags. well frags dont mean crap in this game just because u can spam beams or meelee from behind doesnt mean u have skills. hell im even sick of all the throwers now. u join a server and everyone wants to throw u to the ground and kiball u to death.
but it isnt something that is going to change. when people play for long enough they can learn how to better play and not use those tactics, but dont expect it to go away. sometimes i like when there are 4 people after me. cause i can usually shake off about 2 or 3 of them by tele or swooping near someone then dodging letting someone else get to them. either way, shaking people off isnt hard. they may kill you a few times but who cares. u can just go after them. and believe me, a beam spammer despises getting meeleed to death. if you whoop on one it proves that u not going to tolerate crap like that, and they might hink twice, especially if u take your time killing them i.e. throwing them,toying with them while they spam or just spam back at them.
it is something that will never go away. if someone is good at meelee and another isnt, and they keep getting there asses kicked. obviously they are going to come up with something different. its a balance that lets everyone have their moment where they hav a good score. it keeps people playing

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are trying to say that it's bad to hit people in the back. You mean when we're trying to kill you, we should not only notify you, but also allow you to turn around and face us. In fact, you want us to only do head ons with you guys every time without even trying to turn because that might cause us to hit you in the side. Think about what you're saying. If you can see our beams every time, you avoid all of them. If you can see us everywhere we go with melee, you wont ever get hit. That would stop the game altogether and make it up to whoever forgot to hit teleport first or had the better ping. Think about it.

Best answers
no i am talking about the people that shoot you in the back when u are in a blow back from meelee and cant do anything about it. remember my last post about the stun time from meelee, how mine seems to take long than everyone else. that is the only thing that bugs me. im not whining but at least give people the chance to move before u do something like that. if u do it when im stunned, its messed up. its a free cheapshot. no honor, no integrity, just plain rude. other than that im cool

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all note that "honor" and "integrity" aren't the highest priority in a computer game, especially one about spiky haired people flying around shooting blue and yellow balls at each other. It's a noble concept but you wont find much in-game, and there really isn't a big call for it because, well, games are for passing time, not forming deep honorable relationships and reputations. Next note that getting shot in the back with a beam out of "advanced" melee has been fixed. I said this about 11 million times in other threads. Out of simple melee you can't help, because it's designed that way.

Best answers
And if you think somebody coming to attack you from behind is lame, there is a thing called "scouter" with "radar" =_=;

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, vegitto is right. If u get attacked from behind, u just cant play well. Normal (good, w/e) players know NEVER to stand still and always fly (with swoop or sumthing) this way its almost impossible to get hit from behind if u fly well

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Think about it, if you want to win, you want to take every opportunity to have a higher advantage, especially if you just join a server and everyone is stronger than you.Like others said, live with it, and use your scouter.

Best answers
This reminds me of head on whoring. People would complain about my "cheap" tactics. So I'd say, fine, I won't use ki. In fact, let's both drain our ki completely, then stand around on the ground and look at each other, and do nothing.

Of course, none of them did.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a computer game.
There is no "honor."
There is no "cheap."
If you want to form a neat little line and attack people face to face, go play Battle Grounds.

Best answers
it is gutless to attack from behind but if they have attacked you before than it is only fair to return the favor eh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
flanking and surrounding is and forever will be a valid tactic in any form of combat

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's as simple as this: Your too slow to keep up with the other players. If your not fast enough to follow them, you deserver to get hit.

*Drops the mic*

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry to say your loosing this battle pal. I have to agree with Sonic here. Its not a balless tactic. why you ask cuz i know your opinion about it. well simply because of what everyone else said. you wanna stand/fly there and wait to be attacked head on. and get hit in the back instead fine. so be it. just return the favor. why should you care. and if they complain that your hitting them in the back say "welp you did it to me first" or dont say anything at all. its your choice to get hit in the back not theirs. its their advantage and helps them win. thats all they care about. they play this game to get better at it (and cuz its entertaining) they dont care how they win. its as long as they win. i say if you cant beat em. join em. so hit them in the back. stop whining and find a way around their tactic everything has a counter attack. howing had one. that means this has one too. figure it out.

Best answers
damn man when did i ever say just stand there?
this isnt my topic, i just added my opinion
and all i was saying is when u are stunned and flying back, and someone shoots you its ****ed up. its not like i can get out of the way if i cant move. who gives a flying **** about when u can move, im talking about when u both get blown back after a meelee or power hit or even thrown. dont jump my ass cause u got no guts to shoot someone when they can move. i have already said that i have a problem with my stun time being 2 times longer than anyon elses. and yes i do hold the buttons during stun time. and yes shooting someone who cant move is cheap i dont care if its a flaw they have not yet fixed. its a spineless, cowaradly act. all it proves is you are afraid. frags dont mean **** cause you can get 10 kills if everyone else has 40 and still get ssj before anyone else does.

im done with this post

Best answers
Chaospriest the topic is about getting PUNCHED in the back, it has NOTHING to do with beams!!!

I won't beat someone up if they are an utter noob (actually taught an american dude how to play on our South African server simply coz esfserver ppl kept on beating him up) but if a person knows how to play...

"YOU WANT SKILL? I'LL SHOW YOU TRUE SKILL!!! FINAL-KICK2THEBAACK!"

Best answers
tsk.. why make such a big deal out of it... if some n00b wants to TRY to backstab me then they are more than welcome, heck ive had alot of fun with guys trying to attack me from behind while i fight others for eksample if some newbie tries to attack me and hit me in the back i keep my back turned on em... and evade their swoops that usually pisses em off or throw a ki ball at them every time they swoop at you and then teleport away continiue this until they are dead most people are dumb enought to continiue trying to melee you ... i mean hey! they asked for humiliation ha ha ha. cough cough sry back on topic no i dont think its a problem some people just arent good at this game and these people need backstabbing to even get 1 kill, just pound them in the ground they are usually so sucky that it shouldnt be any problem. but heres a tip every 3rd or 4rd second while playing on a crowded server take a short look at youre scouter doing so will make sure you wont get backstabbed.
but the problem here is that most of you guys make 100000 rules of how YOU think others should fight like throwing... why is it such a big deal just avoid it if you are such a hot shot if you cant avoid it you dont deserve to act all big and call em trowing noobs. and evading a swoop if a guy teleports out of the way when you try to swoop at him hes runninjg... why? cuz you arent good enought to hit him? and ive heard people pointing out bugs ive never heard of... like the melee bug, the candy bug, the sbc bug, the trans bug, or if i use my fav char buu and trans with him some guy always has to point out to me "damn strenght points" "damn speed points" "hope they fix the buu bug hes waay too strong" ehh no? it takes a heck of a time to trans with him and if a vegeta waits until hes goty 3,000,000 pl with transing hes much stronger. i think what im trying to say is stop whining!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your opinion is a bit confusing. Which side are you on? Anyway, people are called "throwing noobs" because all they do is hit you with prepunches and then try to throw you. You dont even have to be fighting them. You can be fighting 2 other people, and all of a sudden some noob tries to throw you. Its annoying as hell, especially since there is really no way you can prevent it after you are being prepunched (dont say hold left click >_<).

Oh, and if i were to "backstab" you (how this is considered backstabbing, i have no idea...), you actually wouldnt stand much of a chance after you were hit the first time. I would have the advantage. What advantage? Well, while you are busy checking out the scenery, i would hit you once, tele, hit, you again, and generic ball. If you happen to dodge the generic ball, I still did a number on you. So dont talk about owning people unless you are fighting below-par noobs.

Btw, Vegeta transforms at 2.000.000.

Best answers
if you are in a engaged one on one fight with some one than attacking from anywhere is fine but if some one say just spawned or just got out of a different fight than attacking right from behind with a beam or a fist/foot is totaly not cool and jackasses like that need to be shot

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lt.Zack said:
but if some one say just spawned or just got out of a different fight than attacking right from behind with a beam or a fist/foot is totaly not cool and jackasses like that need to be shot
Perhaps we should find a counselor for you to talk to, because it would be highly irrational to shoot someone for any action they take in a computer game.

If people would just calm down and flow with the punches we wouldn't need threads like this. People get too worked up over getting punched in a game, or being hunted by someone in a game, or playing a game in a game that happens to be a game. It's just a game guys. Some of your complaints are legitimate but a good portion of you could afford to just settle down and reflect on your lives for a while instead of posting here when you get frustrated. This isn't directed at Zack because he only made one post like this so far, it's just a word of advice to some of the people here that are taking the game too seriously. Guys, things could be worse. Patches and new betas are around the corner if you wait long enough, and they'll change things, assumably for the better.

Just state your points, stay until they're heard, then move on... don't get caught up in fruitless arguments that don't push your point any further than you've already taken it. I'm as guilty of that as anybody and I shouldn't do it either.

This thread was taken care of early on when a bunch of people lashed out at the creator. Flanking and "backstabbing" will always be acceptable forms of combat tactics in every game. Interupting someone's fight wasn't the original topic, and there have already been threads on that in the past, so we don't need to continue that discussion in here, that's a personal moral dillemna.

And finally, for the very, very last time, Chaospriest, I know you haven't read anything I've written over the last month or so, but if you read this, know that you can no longer be shot in the back while coming out of advanced melee as per the 1.2.1 patch.

If anything needs to get shot it's this thread, and so I will take the liberty of doing that now.

Ker-klick. Ker-bang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom