Gohan's Shield Attack

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
How is this supposed to work? If you use regular click it obviously creates a shield that allows you to absorb beams at the cost of ki. But then if you press right click the shield starts to fade and you eventually release a blast type attack that does almost no damage. Was this attack put in broken or do you have to absorb a beam in order to give the shield attack blast more damage? Right now I could see using his shield to absorb energy attacks and keep people from meleeing me but it seems about useless with the block feature.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
If the shield eats a strong beam, then the blast you release will mess things up pretty bad.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it'll do alot of damage if you manage to hit someone directly but it has a very small blast radius. I don't think it really got finished, but it can be useful to use while you're building up to go ssj.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The biggest problem with the attack is that it doesn't behave as other attacks do -- It's impossible for someone to know how the attack fully functions without being told, seeing it first hand, or stumbling upon it themselves.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically its like this.

The shield absorbs damage in to KI. The the projectile has the strength of the damage absorbed. So if you shoot it without absorbing anything it doesnt do much, but shoot it after absorbing a big beam, and it pretty much has the force of that beam.

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What about radius?
Is it affected by absorbing beams?

Best answers
Or you could read and post the design doc on it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't recall the radius ever being particularly large after absorbing beams. Then again, most people just detonate their beam next to the shield.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, as far as I remember the radius on it was always pretty non-existent. If you didn't hit them head on with it, it wouldn't do any damage at all unless they were literally an inch away from the blast. And even then it would do a small fraction of the damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom