Go, My Children

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm it seems an awful lot like a lecture...i dont like it, i hate preachers...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a joke right? This page views everything that makes a person human into thier ideals. You had best reconize. This is a religious thread and there for should be closed.

Green Dragon

G
Religion can be anything. Put simply it is just a following. Anything could be a religion....but truth is still truth. If any of us have an story about how god has changed our life are you saying we can not share it? People can do that without preaching the message you know ( although I still do that). However, if someone had a story about how they felt a new PC they bought changed thier life...the story would be welcome? I believe thier should be a overview on these boards about the guidelines of what people exactlly consider Religion. Like myself....I am not overly religious....I just love Jesus Christ. Would I be forbidden saying this? I wish to understand the rules further.

Best answers
Well now the fact is , how does religion affect others. The rules perfectly use your statement to it's understanding in the fact that anyone can create a religion or speak of it, but if someone objects to the fact that there was no further warning in that link stating that it was of religious nature, then it has broken a rule..

The rules are vague, but you must really look at it from different angles.

What you consider truth, may be one's discomfort. Truth is a fact and a real thing. Religion will always be debated over and there is no religion to the fact that it is 'true'. But you must understand that everyone looks at their beliefs differently and if it offends someone then the rules have been broken.

Does this help or do you need more clarification?

Green Dragon

G
So in an example if someone was able to quote a Buddhist saying because they believe it to be wise. Would one then be able to quote verses from the bible?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Green Dragon said:
Religion can be anything. Put simply it is just a following. Anything could be a religion....but truth is still truth. If any of us have an story about how god has changed our life are you saying we can not share it?
no this forum is not a place to discus these things

Green Dragon said:
People can do that without preaching the message you know ( although I still do that). However, if someone had a story about how they felt a new PC they bought changed thier life...the story would be welcome? I believe thier should be a overview on these boards about the guidelines of what people exactlly consider Religion. Like myself....I am not overly religious....I just love Jesus Christ. Would I be forbidden saying this? I wish to understand the rules further.
u seem to miss the point

the point is not that religion is bad

the point is when people start talking about religion and all of that everyone else feels its important to give their imput on how they feel about said religion

thus making mr ilovejesus get angry at mr idontlikereligion

thus causing flame wars and then everyone loses

to prevent this its easier to just not discuss it it at all because someone somewhere out there is gonna start crap

it always happens and it always will happen

religions arnt ment to party together and such its bad to have any conversation about them on the forums

it doesnt belong on the esf forums anyway people dont come here to talk about how they love jesus or buddah or how shintoism saved their lives or anything related to that

if u wanna talk about that feel free to go to a religious site but here with so many people from every walk of life and religion having a conversations about them just dont end up well

as for the topic

its advertizement plain and simple

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom