getting esf to work

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off ,play half-life for a few minits in new game (This is the most importent thing) so that it will do a file named half-life and there sould be some files one of it sould be hl.exe only after you run and played hl for a few minits "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\frontwardshi\half-life\hl.exe" well in the Half-life folder you extract the esf_openbeta_2_18_07 insind it sould be esf_openbeta that you will add in the half-life folder move it there or pasted there but not the esf_openbeta_2_18_07 ONLY the esf_openbeta just add it there like a folder , after that you will have to restart steam and you will have it in the steam account there a game called Earth's special forces Open beta double click on it and it sould work

Mog

Best answers
Yep, what John said.
The file you downloaded is fine, no need to re-download it.

1. Start Half-Life
2. Click "New Game"
3. When the new game has loaded close Half-life.
4. Double-click your ESF Open Beta .zip file. (The only thing you should first see is one folder called "esf_openbeta"?)
5. Click "Extract all files"
6. Click Next
7. Click "Browse", and find your Half-Life folder.
Or copy-paste the following line, into the "Files will be extracted to this directory:" text box...
[noparse]C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\frontwardshi\half-life[/noparse]
8. Click Next. (it begins extacting to the correct folder now)
9. Click Finish
10. Finally. Go to the ESF shortcut you had earlier, and double-click it.
(This time it should have loaded ESF, not Half-Life or Counter-Strike?)

* Or you can use Steam... (exit Steam and re-open if Steam is already running)
"Earth`s Special Forces Open Beta" should be on your Steam "My Games" list now. :)

And there you go. Done.
If you followed all those steps carefully it has got to be working now! :smile:

Best answers
faucken hell guys i cant thank you enough you did it thanks so much mog and john you guys are the faucken !@#$ your awsome. (it works :) )

Mog

Best answers
Great. :)

You might want to look for any failed installations you might have made.
There's probably an esf_openbeta folder still inside your counter-strike folder.
It won't hurt to leave it there, but it's taking up like 400 MB of your hard drive space if it is still there.

Also, if you don't already have ESF 1.2.3, you might want to download that too... it's the one most people play.
The 1.3 Open Beta is just a testing version... if you just want to play against people online you should get 1.2.3.
You can have both installed at the same time.

Anyway whatever, have fun! :smile:

Best answers
o ok one other thing you know when you go to fight in melee and you spin somone around i dont actually see them getting spun there just like standing next too each other then they get smacked to the ground is that just slow computer or somthing

Best answers
yeah i downloaded that and once i knew what to do it worked easy

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only thing to do it's to have fun :D if you need more help pls post and we will reply ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom