Gameplay Suggestions

Best answers
Alright, I am be new to the forum but I have been playing this game since Beta 1.0 was released. I'm sure not everyone will agree with my suggestions and maybe some of my suggestions have already been said. So please dont hate.

I would first like to say I love the concept of 'stuggles' and I am glad to have heard a rumour that you might be adding this to the melee.

I am not a big fan of the melee that you have in game right now. I'm not some noob who is going to say it is cheap, which is sorta can be, but its just not fun. I have gotten pretty good and melee from when I first started playing and have gotten good at all those tricks people hate like tele melee and block melee and all that crap. In the end, it just isn't fun for anyone. The agressor or the aggressesd. Beams are much more fun because of the struggles and the sounds and pictures. You feel your playing a DBZ game much more with beams than just zipping through the air knocking someone out. I am glad to hear rumours that the melee is being fixed.

My next problem is the radar. I am for the radar but it just doesn't help enough. Melee sniping and beam sniping (hitting someone from very far away with melee or beam) is just horrible and the radar is to blame. If you want to be realistically correct via the show everyone knew where a strong power lvl was no matter where they were, as did they the weaker power lvls, but not as well. I think you need to be able to see where every1 is on the map, but the size of the dot pending how strong they r, so little power lvls are harder to notice as you have now.

Also with the radar when someone is charging up a beam the dot should eaither grow, or blink, or something so everyone knows it. This would stop 'beam sniping' and also be realistic show wise. I also thinkk as the beam is being launched yous hould see a line on your radar as to where it is going.

My next issue is about energy/power level/ki. Someone with a higher power lvl just doesn't have enough advanatage over people with lower lvl. You can work so hard to achieve a highwer power lvl and some very low lvl comes in and hits you a few times and he is as strong as you.

I suggest that if your power lvl is high enuf lower power lvls shouldn;t effect you and they should be forst to pick fights with people their lvl to get stronger.

Also, when you get stronger not only should your damage increase as it already does, but you should begin to fly faster with or with out turbo as your KI gets slightly better and better.

This should gof or beams too. It isn't fair that a powerful player can throw a super charged beam at somebody and the player has enough time to dodge or block. As your power lvl increases your beams should fly through the air faster.

My last suggestion is with the draining of energy. I think it should drain INSANELY slower than it does now. It only takes a few seconds to drian all of your power. You should never have to refuel, because refueling isn't realistic either. If you charge large beams it should have more effect on you and drain more of your ebergy, but still not nearly as much as now. When you get hit you should lose a bit of energy too, depending on how much damage you inflict.

The amount left in your energy bar should not be baleot exceed the amount left in your health bar. If your energy bar gets to a certain point you should not be able to use turbo, if it goes even further you can not fly.

Thanks for reading.

Best answers
Ok let me saying something.
You want to be true to the show/series of DBZ "remember which this mod is based on"

Radar: Only used up to the Frieza Saga, only showed the direction and Ki/Power Level of the person that has large burst of energy that is picked up by the Radar, remember the Z Fighters were able to hide there power level to stop them from being picked up by the Scouters. Beams were never picked up by beams when they blow up there were shown because they gave out large amounts of energy.

Ki/Power Levels: In the Show/Series even if the low ki/power level people even had a go at the high ki/power level people. Look at the Cell Games Saga when cell was attacking Gohan and they both had the Kamehameha in a power struggle. Krillin/Tien/Piccolo/ and the other guy with the scar on his face had a go at Cell even though it never hurt him.
Meleeing a High Ki/Power Level character still works before i have taken out people from the start when i joined that had a ki/pl of 6 million + with only just meleeing, Beaming is only good against high ki/pl people if he you are high level "which is true to the show/series" as you look at that and the high level guys just knock away the beam or just stand there and laughing.... so the mod is true to the series in that way.

""This should gof or beams too. It isn't fair that a powerful player can throw a super charged beam at somebody and the player has enough time to dodge or block. As your power lvl increases your beams should fly through the air faster.""
That is were the Teleport comes in handy.. i've always got away from high powered beams.

Flying in the show/series doesn't take that much energy to do "its onyl when your out of energy in the game you can't fly"
If you look at the series/show even Videl is able to fly when Gohan shows her how to use the energy within her...

But with your suggestions about not being able to flying when low on hp/ki its boring you would die once you hit the from from the amount of beams that are aimed at the floor.

Best answers
I read the whole thing 3 times and I don't agree to a single thing he said, except about gaining speed, flying faster and beam going faster. But that hasb een suggested many times.

Meleee right now is fun!

Best answers
there is one thing i dont like at the moment
the explosions get to big after a while
if someone powerful shoots a beam everybody dies
thats just stupid

Best answers
i dont think that stupid. i think its cool and it goes along with the show because some of the blast are strong enough to blow of the earth like the kamehameha cell shot and the one goku used against cell. like when vegeta used final flash krillin was like "vegeta what are you trying to do blow up to earth hes going to kill us all"

Best answers
The scouter itself was only used up to the frieza saga, but after that everyne could sense everyone's power levels anyways. Even someone as weak as Yamcha everyone could sense his power draining form miles away. On your radar you should be able to see everyone;s powe level, and everyone knew when a beam was coming at them int he show. When did someone actually get beam sniped? Never.

Melee right now sux, and I dont care if oyu think its fun cuz it seems as though they are adding stuff to it to make it fun.

Ki/Power lvl: A low lvl person should be no match for a high lvl person whether it be with melee or beams. Not with just beams.

Flying: Explain to me how many of the characters stay airborne for a dozen espidoes in a row yet feel perfectly fine? You stay abirborne for 2 minutes in game and u have no energy.

When you have low KI you are dead anyways. It should be boring, you have been defeated.

Best answers
So from what i'm reading is you suck at ESF and you are complaining about these things?

Remember this is only a """BETA""" there are bound to be problems... with future release new things/bug fixes will be added

But with what i'm reading from all you suggestions about these things are just saying "i hate this becuase i keep getting killed by this person because blah blah blah blah, i hate melee because i can't do it and the people i fight are too good blah blah blah" This is what i see when i read you stuff.

Ok enough

Best answers
I never said I sucked at ESF, why are you being such an ass? You are a representive of this community and you are responsible for how people look at this community.

The problem with ESF is it requires cheap tactics to be skilled. The skill is being as good at these cheap techniques. Grant it, it is skill, but how is it fun?

I go into games and hold my own all the time. Even competing against some of the best ESF low lifes I can manage a 1:1.

Please refrain from immature comments just because you do not like somebodies suggesitons. it is inappropriate.

Best answers
i agree with ya morrone ... maybe morrone isnt complaining that he sucks and maybe he is just "suggesting" what has been suggested and will be changed ... so say i agree or i dont but dont enter those continous comments that he complains and suggests cause he sucks at it ... this is beta of course but it will get better until then ... it has a lot of improvement to attain ... and i'm not saying it sucks ... heck when i start out i get bashed ... but then again everytime someone beams me i just teleport to evade and the same for melee ... then its just reaching transformation where my beam attacks from afar kill 3 people at a time ... i dont care how much you say im kicking ass but that's pretty cheap ... but then again morrone was just suggesting to change some of this ... stop flaming some people's arguments just cause you think they suck at playing and are just complaining about it cause maybe they dont ... :yes:

Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
I never said I sucked at ESF, why are you being such an ass? You are a representive of this community and you are responsible for how people look at this community.

The problem with ESF is it requires cheap tactics to be skilled. The skill is being as good at these cheap techniques. Grant it, it is skill, but how is it fun?

I go into games and hold my own all the time. Even competing against some of the best ESF low lifes I can manage a 1:1.

Please refrain from immature comments just because you do not like somebodies suggesitons. it is inappropriate.
I'm a ditto on that. Too many people here are immature. Far too many ESF people are 12-year-old DBZ fans who all they do is play ESF and follow those cheap tactics.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually the scouter can tell you the PLs of those around you. get on the internet and look for a server where people have been going at it for a long time, and then join. even though you will end up with about the AVG pl, somebody should be superstrong, and you can tell by the BIG SQUARES. or sometimes when you get stronger than everyone else, ascend, and then go turbo and notice that all the other dots get smaller.

Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
Alright, I am be new to the forum but I have been playing this game since Beta 1.0 was released. I'm sure not everyone will agree with my suggestions and maybe some of my suggestions have already been said. So please dont hate.

I would first like to say I love the concept of 'stuggles' and I am glad to have heard a rumour that you might be adding this to the melee.

I am not a big fan of the melee that you have in game right now. I'm not some noob who is going to say it is cheap, which is sorta can be, but its just not fun. I have gotten pretty good and melee from when I first started playing and have gotten good at all those tricks people hate like tele melee and block melee and all that crap. In the end, it just isn't fun for anyone. The agressor or the aggressesd. Beams are much more fun because of the struggles and the sounds and pictures. You feel your playing a DBZ game much more with beams than just zipping through the air knocking someone out. I am glad to hear rumours that the melee is being fixed.

My next problem is the radar. I am for the radar but it just doesn't help enough. Melee sniping and beam sniping (hitting someone from very far away with melee or beam) is just horrible and the radar is to blame. If you want to be realistically correct via the show everyone knew where a strong power lvl was no matter where they were, as did they the weaker power lvls, but not as well. I think you need to be able to see where every1 is on the map, but the size of the dot pending how strong they r, so little power lvls are harder to notice as you have now.

Also with the radar when someone is charging up a beam the dot should eaither grow, or blink, or something so everyone knows it. This would stop 'beam sniping' and also be realistic show wise. I also thinkk as the beam is being launched yous hould see a line on your radar as to where it is going.

My next issue is about energy/power level/ki. Someone with a higher power lvl just doesn't have enough advanatage over people with lower lvl. You can work so hard to achieve a highwer power lvl and some very low lvl comes in and hits you a few times and he is as strong as you.

I suggest that if your power lvl is high enuf lower power lvls shouldn;t effect you and they should be forst to pick fights with people their lvl to get stronger.

Also, when you get stronger not only should your damage increase as it already does, but you should begin to fly faster with or with out turbo as your KI gets slightly better and better.

This should gof or beams too. It isn't fair that a powerful player can throw a super charged beam at somebody and the player has enough time to dodge or block. As your power lvl increases your beams should fly through the air faster.

My last suggestion is with the draining of energy. I think it should drain INSANELY slower than it does now. It only takes a few seconds to drian all of your power. You should never have to refuel, because refueling isn't realistic either. If you charge large beams it should have more effect on you and drain more of your ebergy, but still not nearly as much as now. When you get hit you should lose a bit of energy too, depending on how much damage you inflict.

The amount left in your energy bar should not be baleot exceed the amount left in your health bar. If your energy bar gets to a certain point you should not be able to use turbo, if it goes even further you can not fly.

Thanks for reading.
LOL you said "Ive been playing since beta 1 came out" it only came out like 3 weeks ago lol, almost everyone here has been playing since then.

Best answers
I know that, calm down. Im just saying what you just said. I have been playing it as long as the rest of you. So refrain rom calling me noob. You people are full of yourselves. Think your so slick. Just calm down. Lets stop the flaming.

Best answers
I love how much people have *****ed this guy for suggesting something on the suggestion forums. What was he thinking?
A lot of his points are valid. ESF needs some sorting out and this guy has tried to suggest how to make things better. This one guy in a server had a score of 90-10 just because he big banged the spawn point in the hyper-ballic time chamber all the time.
That is cheap tactics. And melee is no fun to hpb's. It is a beta but if we don't voice our concerns they won't improve the game.

Just remember Marrone is trying to improve the game by suggesting something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom