Gamepad

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Would it be at all possible to make the game compatible with a gamepad? I could understand if not. I just PREFER a controller over keyboard and mouse.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would it be at all possible to make the game compatible with a gamepad? I could understand if not. I just PREFER a controller over keyboard and mouse.
Computer gamepads have the ability to map certain keyboard keys to the buttons on the controller. Not all, but quite a few do.

Doing that allows you to play ANY PC game on that gamepad.

So yes you can play with a gamepad. But let me be blunt. Only use a gamepad if you want to become the servers punching bag.

Nearly all FPS games for consoles have aim assist, that help you aim. ESF doesnt have that. Quite the opposite. Your camera movements need to be fast AND accurate. With gamepads you can have either fast and terribly inaccurate or slow and accurate.

So the moment you step into a server you will be killed over and over and over again. The only thing you can hit using a gamepad is someone who is AFK since he is not moving.

If you still want to use a gamepad, then be prepared to play games where you will not even get a single hit onto any opponents. Thats the difference in control between game pad and mouse.

But as said you can try if you want to. Just check your gamepad manufacturer if it offers the keyboard mapping service.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to see a person play ESF with a gamepad...as said they'd be raped hard.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah I see your point. The aiming would be a bit stilted with a gamepad. I'll stick with the keyboard and mouse with that in regards. Thanks ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did pretty well with a gamepad once. Its actually not as hard as you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom