Gamecube

Best answers
yeah, why do developers always have to think of europe as 'not important', we always get our games at least half year later than in japan/US.

yes, it also goes for the gba, i'm still waiting for advance wars and a cool rpg, but it only is out in the us, and aw may never reach europe, whee :'(.
and don't start about import, cuz that's ****in expensive.

Best answers
Well i dont really care what anyone thinks about me. thats there stupid problem. And xbox has the most high preformence stuff in it.. And yes ps2 does suck balls. this is my opinion i dont care what any of u think bout it. So please leave it at that. Cause i dont wanna hear your stupiditize comments,

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
shut the hell up A16, u have no right to say that, all the ppl here are posting there own views on it, ever heard of freedome on speach?

Best answers
I ment I dont care what they say about my post. so i guess u didnt read. So if its freedom of speech and all why cant we flame and say stuff we want smart guy? tell me this. come on come on.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just wanted to point out that I heard something about GC outselling PS2 and X-Box, someone [preferably with no bias towards any of the systems mentioned above and who won't flame] clarify on that?

Retired
Best answers
i think the games that are on the market for gc now sux. i think XBOX ownzz

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did not post this poll for what people thought about X-Box or PS2, I want to hear what they think about GC ONLY! If you think it sucks, that is your opinion, and I am not opposed to it. Thank you for all input on PS2 and X-Box, I will probably buy PS2 then X-Box anyway, but for now, please stick to GC.

Best answers
It doesnt matter the Xbox is gonna own all. Have you seen the ps2? The anti-aliasing is ****, oh wait it doesnt have any anti-aliasing. HAHA, The gamecube has got to be the most worthless piece of ****, comon its hardware is ****, the games are ****. The only reason u dont like the Xbox is cuz its made by microsoft, if it was the exact same system made by a different company u would by it. EXactly the same!!!!

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Come on, be reasonable. The PS2, Gamcube and XBox dont have that much of a difference between them and even if they did, i dont by Consoles because of the specs, i buy them because of the games. And the games on the GC aren't bad, their no worse than the XBox. I might have saved my money and bought it when it came to the UK its too big, i have enough stuff as it is so theres no room for it and the reviews I've seen haven't been that great. A lot of 7s and 6s out of 10. I think I'm going to stay a PS2 and GC fan for now, atleast until their are a lot of good games for the XBox.

P.S: Dont flame this, I'm only giving my oppinion. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Informed Information on consoles hardware:

XboX:
CPU: Intel Pentium III 700MHz
Video: nVidia Geforce3MX
Ram: 64MB SDRAM

GameCube:
CPU: RISC PowerPC 450MHz
Video: ATi Flipper
Ram: 64MB SDRAM

PS2:
CPU: MIPS 400MHz
Video: Emotion Engine
Ram: 32Mb SDRAM

Comparision of hardware:
As you look at this you may say that the XboX has the best hardware bit thats not technically true because they are not directly comparable.

1. The XboX is run on a rather low speed x86 Processor.
2. The GC is running a RISC Processor which in terms of clock speed can do almost everything quicker than the Pentium III. (EG. The most up to date Mac runs on a 800MHz RISC PowerPC and it can beat the Pentium IV at 2.0GHz in video editing and other programs)
3. The PS2 may have the least ram but it can store more information in its bus than any of the other CPU's so it has no need so it can access the information quicker.
4. The GC and XboX are about on par with each other on the Video Card front.
5. The emotion engine is very complecated and there is not alot of information on it but is slightly above spec (in trems of MIFLOPS) of both the GC's and XboX's Video BUT there is not a game out there that can push the Video to its max it is a very watsed part of the system it usually is used.
6. The XboX has probably got the Most easy to program GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) it has vertex and pixel shaders and good anti-aliasing which come into play alot as the max resolution that all of these consoles play at is 800x600 because that is the best resolution that a TV operates at.

Hope that was a interesting read for all you Hardware PhReAkS, but i bet it made no sense to most of ya! ;)

Just thought I would back up some of the things that people have said and not just say that one is better than the other.

BrunO

Best answers
actually the xbox has 128 mb ram and a custom made geforce2... PLUS YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE XBOX's BUMP MAPPING! makes less jagged edges unlike the ps2... plus the gamecube would be much better if it had better games.... nintendo has few violent games on their systems.... unlike other systems which have many violent video games and eveyone likes violence :) plus it can't play DVDs... it has mini-dvd discs that can hold a mere 1.5 gb and dvd-roms can hold a wopping 4.5 gb.... WINNER: Xbox

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes it does have 128MB of ram but thats TOTAL memory 64MB in the motherboard and 64 on the video!
Dont be stupid the bump mapping is adding depth and a real 3d touch to textures. Your talking about anti-aliasing and yes the XboX has the best proformance wise but the GC has the best looks wise it looks more professional. the Geforce3 does more of a blur effect.
Dont be even more stupid the XboX is built using the Geforce3 chipset and it may not be classed as a geforce3mx it may as well be as all it is a lower speed than default Geforce3.
GC better games comon they have licence deals to exclusive get all the new Resident Evil Games and remakes of all the originals and resident Evil 0 they may not have started with a teenage fan base but they will so establish one.
So wat about the size of discs if a team want more stuff on a discs they will just make it a 2 disc game!

BE MORE INFORMED BEFORE MAKING MORONIC REPLIES!

Come on someone back me up because I know that I am right.

BrunO

Best answers
XBOX ROX NO QUESTION AT ALL I OWN 1 AND IT RULES!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you all for ure opinions up to this point. Although, I am still not impressed that there are no unbiased people rating these systems on the forums that have posted here. Personally, I would like to own one of all three. It just so happens that the GC was the cheapest, and, therefore, the first of the threee that I acquired. Come this summer, mot likely, I can proudly say that I'll own a ps2. X-Box is just too expensive still, and it mostly has sports games for it, and I hate sprots games [would rather play the real sports].

Back to the point. Thanks for all of the posts here to this point, peeps.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom