Galaxy S vs iPhone 4

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which boosted sales for a limited amount of time. Because the iPhone service was ****ty when it first came out on Verizon, people started switching back or choosing Android devices over Apple's. This is word from multiple people who work at Verizon, and isn't meant to be taken as an end all, be all statement towards the market as it stands today. The only place Apple is going to have traction over Android this year is the Ipad, which won't last long, either, as more tablets are released by competitors.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Which boosted sales for a limited amount of time. Because the iPhone service was ****ty when it first came out on Verizon, people started switching back or choosing Android devices over Apple's. This is word from multiple people who work at Verizon, and isn't meant to be taken as an end all, be all statement towards the market as it stands today. The only place Apple is going to have traction over Android this year is the Ipad, which won't last long, either, as more tablets are released by competitors.
So an updated model with an improved antenna had worse service? Check your sources because the white iphone4 is the same as a Verizon iPhone. Last time I checked the difference is the verizon/white iPhone were superior to the old iphone4. Multiple people at Verizon doesnt mean anything considering there were zero articles of it on the net.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So an updated model with an improved antenna had worse service? Check your sources because the white iphone4 is the same as a Verizon iPhone. Last time I checked the difference is the verizon/white iPhone were superior to the old iphone4. Multiple people at Verizon doesnt mean anything considering there were zero articles of it on the net.
It was a Verizon-side issue, not an Iphone issue. But if the issue is with the provider you use, why would you bother with that make? Hence going back to Android in droves. If first-hand experience from people who actually work for the company is trumped by second/third hand information in an article, then by all means, feel free to look up why Apple is losing its share in the smartphone market. They exist in droves.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It was a Verizon-side issue, not an Iphone issue. But if the issue is with the provider you use, why would you bother with that make? Hence going back to Android in droves. If first-hand experience from people who actually work for the company is trumped by second/third hand information in an article, then by all means, feel free to look up why Apple is losing its share in the smartphone market. They exist in droves.
You can argue with me till your blue in the face. The fact is androids don't deliver a better experience. They lag and my browser is typically faster. They pushed the captivate vs the iPhone at the time I got mine and I'm glad I got the i4 over it. So let me this straight, somehow Verizon's towers only affected i4's and not other phones and it wasn't the iPhone? Let me have some of dem drugs you be doin and we be on the same page.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can argue with me till your blue in the face. The fact is androids don't deliver a better experience. They lag and my browser is typically faster. They pushed the captivate vs the iPhone at the time I got mine and I'm glad I got the i4 over it. So let me this straight, somehow Verizon's towers only affected i4's and not other phones and it wasn't the iPhone? Let me have some of dem drugs you be doin and we be on the same page.
First, what you stated was clearly an opinion. Your opinion isn't based on anything short of brand loyalty, but an opinion nonetheless. Secondly, the problem that affected the iPhone also affected the Thunderbolt on its release. If you had but a clue, you'd already know this. However, much as the iPhone problem was eventually fixed, so too was the Thunderbolt problem. After using both, the Thunderbolt is, to me, and this is an opinion by the way, a superior product in all ways that I care to consider.

You, too, can argue with me until you're blue in the face, but market research is not in your corner. I tend to side with the facts, and I like my facts cold and hard. Argue with the cold hard facts all you like, but until you provide numbers, you're just another one of those guys who wear berets, scarves and turtle necks in the summer while sipping your Super Duper latte at Starbucks with your inferior Mac, judging all those who dare to use products that don't have an apple emblazoned on it.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Your right my $5000 rig is an apple brand. So is my $4000 dollar alienware laptop. I'm stating that having owned blackberries and everyone I know jumping on the android wagon and realizing their product is a piece of ****. I am clearly an apple fanboy yes, but really more like no. Nobody on this planet hates a Mac os on a desktop or laptop as much as me. I can state from the absolute hundreds of dollars on phones I have spent in the past 4 years which is ridiculus by the way, in terms of quality and long lasting hardware nothing touches iPhone. Not one piece of **** android you can state and list would last as long as an iPhone. Especially any phone with a battery door. Your facts are facts you have made up in your head and very opinionated. Static stupid **** like Verizon employees said iPhone 4 had issues at launch is as meager brained as the b.c government stating the hst is good for us. Supply me with some facts that aren't even real "cold hard facts" as you say. Engadget> any facts you got.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your right my $5000 rig is an apple brand. So is my $4000 dollar alienware laptop. I'm stating that having owned blackberries and everyone I know jumping on the android wagon and realizing their product is a piece of ****. I am clearly an apple fanboy yes, but really more like no. Nobody on this planet hates a Mac os on a desktop or laptop as much as me. I can state from the absolute hundreds of dollars on phones I have spent in the past 4 years which is ridiculus by the way, in terms of quality and long lasting hardware nothing touches iPhone. Not one piece of **** android you can state and list would last as long as an iPhone. Especially any phone with a battery door. Your facts are facts you have made up in your head and very opinionated. Static stupid **** like Verizon employees said iPhone 4 had issues at launch is as meager brained as the b.c government stating the hst is good for us. Supply me with some facts that aren't even real "cold hard facts" as you say. Engadget> any facts you got.
And once more, nothing substantive to back up your claims. Amazing.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=android+overtakes+apple

T
hat "piece of ****" is winning. Also, the Thunderbolt is definitely better than the IPhone.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And once more, nothing substantive to back up your claims. Amazing.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=android+overtakes+apple

T
hat "piece of ****" is winning. Also, the Thunderbolt is definitely better than the IPhone.
You linked me to a google search? lmao GOOD cold HARD facts BRA. Your comparing new hardware to old hardware. Its like stating whats better? a old geforce 480 or a geforce 580? Obviously the 580 is NEW and IMPROVED. Your problem is your a pure google fanboy and your getting ****ed in the ass by them and your blinded by yourself. The last charts of 2010 indeed showed apple beating google and RIM. However its not about that, google counts upgrades as activations and apple does not. Also alot of these upgrades are free and pushed by providers, where iphone is not. It's like unprotected sex, if you wanna be safe go with iphone. If you wanna take a risk pick the FOTM android.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I linked you to a trillion articles that you can take the time out of your day to search through rather than have me spoon feed you information. Because, you know, you're not 5 years old and are capable of reading.

As for hardware, absolutely. The IPhone is old and substandard compared to the newer generation phones, whereas you previously stated it was more "powerful" than other phones. Simply not true, of course. This is something I pay attention to when purchasing a phone, because I'd like to have something not superseded by every other phone in the market. Hardware upgrades being free is a plus, not a minus. As for safe, XP has been around for quite some time. I know how it works, and I know where it fails. Should I be "safe" and stick with that over Win7, or should I move the **** on to something that may not be quite as stable (which isn't really saying much when the difference in overall stability is a theoretical 1%), but whose pros outweigh its cons?

And for the third time, I've used the IPhone 4. I didn't like it. I moved on, found something superior in just about every way, because every facet of my e-life isn't processed through apple programs and products. If it is, the IPhone is perfect for you. If it isn't, why bother? How wanting superior technology makes me a google fanboy, I'll never know. When RIM was top of the line, I had Blackberries. When Apple was top of the line, I had an IPhone. Now that it's nowhere near as good as what I've been using, I have no reason to go back to it. If the IPhone 5 comes out and blows everything out of the water, guess what I'm buying. Until then, no dice.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No, I linked you to a trillion articles that you can take the time out of your day to search through rather than have me spoon feed you information. Because, you know, you're not 5 years old and are capable of reading.

As for hardware, absolutely. The IPhone is old and substandard compared to the newer generation phones, whereas you previously stated it was more "powerful" than other phones. Simply not true, of course. This is something I pay attention to when purchasing a phone, because I'd like to have something not superseded by every other phone in the market. Hardware upgrades being free is a plus, not a minus. As for safe, XP has been around for quite some time. I know how it works, and I know where it fails. Should I be "safe" and stick with that over Win7, or should I move the **** on to something that may not be quite as stable (which isn't really saying much when the difference in overall stability is a theoretical 1%), but whose pros outweigh its cons?

And for the third time, I've used the IPhone 4. I didn't like it. I moved on, found something superior in just about every way, because every facet of my e-life isn't processed through apple programs and products. If it is, the IPhone is perfect for you. If it isn't, why bother? How wanting superior technology makes me a google fanboy, I'll never know. When RIM was top of the line, I had Blackberries. When Apple was top of the line, I had an IPhone. Now that it's nowhere near as good as what I've been using, I have no reason to go back to it. If the IPhone 5 comes out and blows everything out of the water, guess what I'm buying. Until then, no dice.
Your logic makes you sound about 2 feet tall. Go buy an escalade since they are mighty expensive and when the 2012 model comes out run and get it! its superior right? I think you need to re-read your statement and practice what you preach mk?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You see, you said free upgrade, but you don't seem to understand the meaning of free. If someone wants to offer me the newest escalade for free every year, I'll take it. It's goddamn free. I'd be a fool not to, especially if I could sell the previous vehicle for pure profit.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You see, you said free upgrade, but you don't seem to understand the meaning of free. If someone wants to offer me the newest escalade for free every year, I'll take it. It's goddamn free. I'd be a fool not to, especially if I could sell the previous vehicle for pure profit.
Again mouth in gear, brain not engaged. You can't get an android better than iphone for free.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again mouth in gear, brain not engaged. You can't get an android better than iphone for free.
I got my Droid X for free before my Thunderbolt, and that, too, was better than the iphone. Also, you're better off attempting to argue your point than insulting me, because you most certainly will not win on that front, either.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last time I checked apple delivers a great user experience.
No one denies that apple delivers a good user experience, I do prefer android though.
For the longest time androids lagged, and they still have poor flash performance.
What's a long time? I am happy with the statement you made though, because you're saying that right now they aren't laggy. Also, poor flash performance? Again I refer to the three phones I named before. Works perfectly. Why is that? Hardware. Doesn't have anything to do with the OS. Also "poor performance" is better then -no- performance.
Jailbreaking is pointless, if you need to jailbreak due to being tied down or something, than one must have adhd. I'm one of the biggest hardware nerds, and all my rigs are mint and I have zero need to jb my phone.
Again, there are entire apple communties around for the soul purpose of jailbreaking. Just because you haven't found the need to use the Iphone fully, which is a weird statement from a selfproclaimed nerd, doesn't make it pointless. Your opinion =/= fact.
Most android users get bored of droid and come back to iPhone anyways. Not an opinion it's on many many forum pages you just have to read.
Again with these one sided comment, if you were neutral, as you claimed to be, you would know that this -also- works vice versa. A lot of Iphone users stepped back to their original OS too. You're not making any kind of a point with statements like these. You, as an individual, lurking on a few boards, can not actually base a factual opinion on what you experience on there. The userbase is just too small.
Not only does the companies strategy suck, but it's being surpassed by apple.
Ignoring everything you've said before, this sentence alone prooves you're biased. To call the strategy of a company like google bad, you're actually bat**** insane.
I'm pretty sure you've heard of google. It's a young company, 14 years old. One of the biggest growing companies in the history of mankind. There are millions of companies out there who wished they would do 0,01% as good as google did.
Also, again, for the record, the type of company really doesn't factor into this discussion at all. You stated that apple dominated the market, which is incorrect because you were confused with marktkap of an entire company.

"fanboy: (n) Technocratic zealots; evangelicals of geekery. Characterized by irrational advocacy of a particular OS, console, company, or franchise."
I know you won't believe it, and it might be a hard pill to swallow, but this describes you perfectly. Why? Because you're too one sided. It's oké to threat a product like it's your salvation, just don't expect others to agree with you based on your personal experience and opinion. this isn't religion you know.
Not even being able to agree with the smallest fact being made, which has a negative influence on what happens to be your favorite thing, makes you a fanboy. Because lets face it, when you have products that cater to the same market, each product will have it pros and cons, because without the pros, it would serve no purpose. :p

That article is old, and still not true.
Is the entire article incorrect? I mean I see a few over the top statements, but it seems pretty accurate. I'd like to hear what you think is incorrect about it.
Processing Power
Tie
Display & Resolution
Winner: iPhone 4
Storage
Winner: Droid X
Camera & Multimedia
Draw
Connectivity
Winner: Droid X
iOS vs. Android
Draw (So Far)
I like how in the sum up, the Iphone only takes one area. The best part is the iOS vs Android part, which is proclaimed a draw. basing that it was andoid 2.1, which is a bit outdated, makes it even more apparent that the website finds the current generation Android > iOS

You totally missed his point. Which is actually quite funny, when you consider the statement you made in the first part ^_^

Last edited:
Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm not an iOS fanboy lol. I'd take my torch back over a droid anyday. I don't like android for the purpose of people got sucked into devices which had huge issues. I know about 5 people that got android devices and had major problems with their phones. The reason why they got them? The people at providers were pushing them down their throats ect ect. Now when you don't know anything about technology and a person sells you a phone and you take their word for it and it sucked wouldn't you be pissed? The sum of the matter is obviously google has payed companies off to push their early junk phones. I don't like companies like that. Id take a blackberry over a droid anyday of the week.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
My.new.Samsung Galaxy. is. *******. AWWEEESSSOSOOMOMEEE

playing PES 11' all the time!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Natur I agree that the iPhone is a better device overall in my opinion, but your snide remarks at praetor aren't making us Mac/iPhone lovers look good because we are the minority here :(.

I actually like the Droid. I don't mind a big phone and I love their screens and widgets. Apple kind of restricts you but it just works so seamlessly and everything is standardized. Sure you do not get the variety of phone models like the Android devices, but that is a double edged sword for Apple that allows them complete integration of the system with features, apps, and accessories.

A new iPhone comes out almost every year. A new Android phone comes out like every month. If Apple did that (which they would never, ever do), you would see 8 mp cameras, dual cure processors, bigger screens, etc. earlier. But they don't and are madly successful.

And I work at an Apple Store, so in response to Verizon employees getting customers switching back to their BB because of bad service, I have the opposite where people are frustrated by their current Black Berry, Android, or dumbphone and are excited to get an iPhone.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is typical android vs apple behavior. You should see some of the threads Ive read ~.~ Your one or the other and people like to clash on that for some reason ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom