Gai

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
started this some time today, bruce lee look-a-like!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great, now tell me what makes the face not look right >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His arms are too short; they should be reaching down to just above his knee caps. And I think the thing making him look un-Gai like are the eyes. Try moving them closer together and see how that turns outs.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I think the thing making him look un-Gai like are the eyes. Try moving them closer together and see how that turns outs.
yeah, DS, i started to notice all your models latly have weird faces...and it's mostly the eyes and nose.
i agree with SA Gohan here about the eyes, also, mind posting a side view?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
face doesnt look right yes...

should look more like that...do something about the nose...i mean, yes its large, but that large? and his cheekbones...whatever they are called, need to stand out more...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
yeah, DS, i started to notice all your models latly have weird faces...and it's mostly the eyes and nose.
its simple to explain... he copy his old models and deform all those places... aint its simple? i gues thats why hes fast..anyway i dun like the hands...

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think so Tryforce...but he does have the same problem with most of them...
humm i think it's because there are no eyebrows atm...i would suggest modeling them on, they are big.

also...your hands look really weird...like claws or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
His arms are too short; they should be reaching down to just above his knee caps.
wow, no offence but what kind of crack are you smoking? the arms should reach just around the crotch level, but the knee caps?!?!?!?

if you dont believe me have a look at this...

----

okay, umm about the face, i have made the nose tip smaller, and made the check bones more noticable, the eyes WILL be skinned on correctly (guess i shouldnt have poly coloured it)

and here is a front if anybody wishes to do a draw

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, no offence but what kind of crack are you smoking? the arms should reach just around the crotch level, but the knee caps?!?!?!?

if you dont believe me have a look at this...
You're right, I should have said that the arms should be long enough to allow for the hands to reach about halfway down the thighs (while standing fully upright), but I'd just woken up and wasn't paying much attention to what I was writing >_>;

That's how long my arms are anyway, but maybe I'm an exception. Try checking a mirror to see for yourself, and if you're still unbelieving look for some pictures of real people on google, because that picture of Gai (though official) isn't drawn to proportion concerning the arms.

You might also want to consider changing the hair from extruded blocks and have them as extruded edges instead. That way you can alpha map the hair and get a nicer look for it easier than you could as you have it now.

Super Vegetto made a good suggestion too; it'll be easier to get Gai's look if you model the eyes brows instead of having them skinned on ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my 2 cents:

torso looks verry nice, i like that part, nice modeling on the jacket
when i look at the hands, i notice that the thumb is rather pointy, u shud fix that.
the stance of the legs seems to bend outwards like really heavy people get at a certain age, the knees tend to bend.
the flow from the weights on his leggs to his shoes is wrong, the shoe is overlapping the yellow, it should be the other way arround.
the head is a bit misformed and the long shaped, gai and rocklee's head are more round, also, gai has a pretty heave jaw and chin.
the neck seems a little bit long to :O

when u read this this might seem negative , but it ar all just minor faults, that cud b helped pretty easily, gj dough, i dont think i can do that better ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have recently re-formated my computer to get a clean hard disk, but now im okay and will look at my gai model to fix these minor issues

stay 2nd

===

okay, here is what i got

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks good, but the face looks a little generic to me... make the cheek bones protrude out more from the front view, and make his hair a little bit more bigger and rounder

Best answers
something with the face is still buggin me,,

how come you've modelled the arms going down at 45 degrees? just a personal method ??.. I'd normally go for modelling them completely horizontal then you can check the proportions properly.

I agree with super vegetto about the hands look like claws thing.

Any idea of a polycount on Gai?

looks very cool thus far anyhow.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he already looks better, and yeah you shouldnt poly color eyes...never, cos they confuse me X_x i guess he looks good so far =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom