FX system

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith is right, we desperately needs frogs we wants 'em '=-/

Best answers
the pictures in the dev journal do look scary :D
but I have an important question, I understand ur point about someone being able to watch only his made fx while playing, but can it be done that u allow a host of a server to make it so everyone who gets in get his fx system, that way no one sees no other fx system but the host's one...
that way some servers will have something like "ESF server 1.3, fusion models !" and some will have "ESF server 1.3 ssj3 goku red swoop aura etc..." I mean every server host might wanna enable his own fx system and all who come in will get ONLY his fx.
also I assume u can create ur own fx system and enable disable it anytime, I mean, u can return to the default fx system whenever u want right?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For starters, that would require you to download all of his custom models, skins, sounds, sprites, sounds, and fx script files. Also, what if he's a little 12 year old that has a bunch of sprites of *** men? You transform to go SSJ3, think you're in for a treat, and.. oh god...
I'de just rather not bother with that ^_^ If you want to view other peoples tranformations, you can go to ESF-World and download custom packs or something :)

Best answers
Holy ****, Joe quoted me. I think I'm going to faint.

That's like God saying 'Hi' to you, or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For starters, that would require you to download all of his custom models, skins, sounds, sprites, sounds, and fx script files. Also, what if he's a little 12 year old that has a bunch of sprites of *** men? You transform to go SSJ3, think you're in for a treat, and.. oh god...
I'de just rather not bother with that ^_^ If you want to view other peoples tranformations, you can go to ESF-World and download custom packs or something
Both sounds and sounds? :p
Anyways, will you be able not to let people get in your server if they have a different fx-pack than yours? Or will you be able to have more than one pack? like 1 for each custom server?

Best answers
i think its the same with different models and sprites and sounds. No problem. you are just the only one who sees your effects.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Orbit said:
Both sounds and sounds? :p
Anyways, will you be able not to let people get in your server if they have a different fx-pack than yours? Or will you be able to have more than one pack? like 1 for each custom server?
My bad, that's what I get for trying to play ps2 and type at the same time -_-
But yeah, exactly what Mystacx said, it'll work the same way as custom models/skins.

Best answers
pcjoe agrees....thats not like god saying hi...but more like waving to me :p
j\k

Got a good quote for you btw: "Ofcourse it could be a book, PCjoe made a post!"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can i make an effect that when i swoop that there will be an speed effect around me, simulair to zeq2?
and maybe an damage sign like in hl, so you'll know where you're hit.
and the reason that i'm not inprest is becours a blur edge is a bit unclear of what you did made.

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Take notice that this is just the tip of the iceburg. For example, you'll be able to blend between two skins (ssj hair gradually fading to yellow anyone :)?), or even blend between bodygroups (muscle bulking will be a smooth transition, rather then just instantly switching models). I'll be heavily integrating this fx script system with melee (which will have quite a few conciderable changes in 1.3) as well. A melee combo can have cool camera rotations, particle effects, and a radial blur to make it seem truly cinematic and immersive.
I want to have your babies.. no seriously.. i really do.. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would be pretty cool to have radial blur around the bubble of the adv. melee.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
brilliant work joe :yes: :yes:

Best answers
FX SYTEMS RHULEZ

All I got so far is its a system you punch numbers in and puurty lights show.

o_O

Best answers
Damn, this is gonna rock harder than 1.2. Hell, this is gonna rock harder than any version of ESF before this one :D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
can i make an effect that when i swoop that there will be an speed effect around me, simulair to zeq2?
and maybe an damage sign like in hl, so you'll know where you're hit.
and the reason that i'm not inprest is becours a blur edge is a bit unclear of what you did made.
This is about the FX system, not about a blur effect. Read his dev journal to see what's really going on ;)

Best answers
Can I just ask, do you have to use it? I'm not saying I'm going to be ignoring your wonderful piece of coding Joe, I'm just saying there are people out there who won't want to go through the whole business of creating their own FX when they transform.

So will there be preset transformation, so the player can just press Z and transform as per usual?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Offcourse. We, the team will create the default transformation fx (with we, i mean DT :p) If you're not happy with it, you can create your own, or get one from someone else.

Best answers
I figured. I thought I might as well ask, 'cus there'll be one newb out there who will complain about it, and now you can quote a team member to prove him wrong.

:p

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
crap ;_; /me believes in DT.

Allthough, from what I've gathered, creating your own fx will be quite easy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what Joe said, but judging from the pics...it doesn't look simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom