Freelancer

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My buddy has been bugging me to try this new game, "Freelancer". As per usual, I felt it necessary to ask here if anyone has tried it. If so: pros, cons, etc?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Best answers
you should try it, cause it´s fantastic

the pros, many options what you can do, nice grafik and i don´t know test it and you will see it by yourselfe

the cons, multiplayer has a huge bug and it´s sometimes hard to win the battles, cause 4 against 10-15 or something like that

so i hope you will test and have fun with it

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Played the demo and I think it's a great game just from that but it's a 150mb download for the demo if you want to try it out first

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Deverz
Played the demo and I think it's a great game just from that but it's a 150mb download for the demo if you want to try it out first
that's about it.... it's a great game, But I still think star lancer is better

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seemed cool but it didn't work well with my Radeon 9700 Pro (I have a 2.4ghz P4, and 512 RD Ram).

Anytime there was a menu on the screen or a particle effect of some sort (spritey stuff) the game choked.

And the characters seem boring as hell. The combat wasn't that intuitive.

Heh. Last game I played like this was Wing Commander IV, though, so I guess I can't talk. lol

PS: Anyone ever played Wing Commander Prophecy? Curious how it is...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just tried the demo, and I will admit, the combat system is no different from any other space shooter, but I like most space shooters, so I don't mind at all. Even in the demo, I like the little extra things thrown in - Cruise Drive, Plane Shifting (or whatever those hoops let you do), and the fact that it is a mercenary game. I like that kind of idea, mercenaries and all.

Best answers
i would like to see a game one time where u have first person perspective on planets, and where u can go to bars and ask the barkeeper about lucrative bounties...

and then u hunt him, if he has like 1 million bounty, he will go to the spaceport and fly away with his ship. then u have to go after him and earn money. with enough money you can buy a bigger ship, and big cruisers and make a real company where ppl want to have ppl removed. or you can be enforcer against pirates etc

just like freelancer only with better looking ships (the design is good but the textures are somewhat of repetive) and with this first person on planets and stations.

hey moment, cant u be like that in star wars galaxies? a bounty hunter like boba fett? with own ship so u can hunt somebody in space and on ground?

(checks out his swg resource)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom