FPS bad :(

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry i should of explained this at the start, when i get 69-70FPS, this is the FPS I am getting with HL2 (just thought I would clear that up)

Here we go buddy, hope this helps you understand my system abit more :)

Edit: I decided to screen all the tables.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The cause of the low FPS is that your RAM is running at 133MHZ, or in actuality, 266MHz, almost half the speed is should be running. Instead of running at PC-3200, they are running at PC-2100. You're losing over a gig of memory bandwidth :X. Take the stick you just recently put in out and go into bios, making sure that your RAM is set at either 200MHz or 400MHz (200x2), whichever your bios shows.

It'll probably display a list of selections: 100, 133, 166, 200. Select the 200 and then report back.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well? Are there any improvements?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
my frq raised up to 200 but did not increase my FPS atall, so i installed the 3rd RAM stick again, think i'll just wait for the 3gb :) thanks for your help!

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
jayster , i remeber you sayying that you had a 400w psu , i point my fingure at that , the psu consumption is what i guess it is , after all , your system is pretty good , but the psu may be giving it a little bit of a let down , and you got another machine tucked away (2.8ghz p4 machine & a 9800pro , give me your spare 3200+ please :(as us poor folk could use hand me downs) hmmm....... you didn't rasie the ddr voltage did you ? , but as said before , try a better psu , and don't go with a crappeh thired party company's psu , go with ethier a tamkin , antec or thermaltake psu or around let's say 480 - 550watts , i think that should do you and help fix the problem

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
jayster , i remeber you sayying that you had a 400w psu , i point my fingure at that , the psu consumption is what i guess it is , after all , your system is pretty good , but the psu may be giving it a little bit of a let down , and you got another machine tucked away (2.8ghz p4 machine & a 9800pro , give me your spare 3200+ please :(as us poor folk could use hand me downs) hmmm....... you didn't rasie the ddr voltage did you ? , but as said before , try a better psu , and don't go with a crappeh thired party company's psu , go with ethier a tamkin , antec or thermaltake psu or around let's say 480 - 550watts , i think that should do you and help fix the problem
His wattage is fine for that system, his rails, on the other hand, may not be. If you look inside your system, look at the little box with information about your PSU on the side of the PSU. Tell me what it says for all the + rails.

Example:

And Saiyan_Overlord, an AMD 64 3200+ won't work in your Intel motherboard, sorry.

Jayster said:
my frq raised up to 200 but did not increase my FPS atall, so i installed the 3rd RAM stick again, think i'll just wait for the 3gb :) thanks for your help!
3GBs of RAM will give no improvement in pretty much any game. RAM doesn't actually improve your FPS all that much in quantity, it just keeps the game from calling from the HDD as much, smoothing it out. Take one out and leave it at 200MHz (400x2). You won't notice any performance drops at all, I promise. Then we can continue to narrow the problem down. 133MHz RAM for an AMD 64 processor is terrible at best.

itr

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
Smith| said:
His wattage is fine for that system, his rails, on the other hand, may not be. If you look inside your system, look at the little box with information about your PSU on the side of the PSU. Tell me what it says for all the + rails.
Yeah, I was adding up voltage usage, etc. His pc should be perfectly fine with 400W.

G-Bear
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Jayster check steam forums there are alot of people who get too low FPS for their specs.

Also people who installed their comps perfectly.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Here you go:

couldnt take a shot, bad quality.

i removed the 3rd ram stick again, back to 200.3 frequencey

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
All right, well that looks fine to me. What are your voltages during a heavy CPU/GPU session?

Use ASUSProbe (You use an asus mobo) and tell me what your voltages are. If they're dropping too low, then your components aren't getting enough power to work correctly. Go run 3dmark01 really quick and show us a compare link.

The compare link needs to look like this:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8412167

If you'd like proof of how much the extra 67MHz is helping, run with 133MHz RAM and then 200MHz RAM in 3dmark01, you'll see a pretty huge difference.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
He contacted me over AIM, I explained that he had vertical sync on, all the problems are solved. His score in 3dmark01 increased by 3x ;).

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Problem solved, thread closed. Glad to be of service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom