Forum Update this saturday / sunday

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Between saturday 4PM (+1GMT) to Sunday 5PM in the afternoon I'll be upgrading the forums to the latest version. While the upgrade is being placed, the forums will be disabled. That is all.

EDIT.
The forum has been updated successfully on June, 19.

Regards,
Skyrider

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;TwIXhzGUWwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwIXhzGUWwk[/video]

I went there.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I would like to announce that vBulletin 4.0.4 Maintenance Release of vBulletin Publishing Suite and vBulletin Forum is available. If you have an active vBulletin license, you can download your copy of 4.0.4 from the vBulletin Members Area at: http://members.vbulletin.com

4.0.4 fixes over 500 bugs since the release of 4.0.3.
Bug fixes

Added features:

* Facebook Open Graph implementation
This incorporates using Facebook's updated integration
Allows publishing to facebook
Expands the amount of information you can collect from a user at signon
* Facebook "like" button for forum threads, blog entries and articles in the CMS
* vBulletin Style Generator
* 2 new CMS content types
* 2 new CMS widgets
"Category Navigation for Current Section"
"Recent Content"
* Resizing images as a stylevar - this will enable you to resize images that are posted as they appear in the end users browser

Highlights of bug fixes included 4.0.4

* A number of RTL bugs,
* A number of Internet Explorer specific bugs
* CMS bugs
* Widget bugs

Please check the Full list of bugs for more details

New templates

* vbcms_widget_categorynavcurrent_config
* vbcms_widget_categorynavcurrent_page
^ That, you might want to read if you are interested.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WOW your the only one happy

about a forum upgrade

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
C'mon... it's just a forum upgrade, what could go wrong? :fight:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
C'mon... it's just a forum upgrade, what could go wrong? :fight:
A lot of things :p, plugin and template edits will most likely cause issues and problems after the upgrade.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, it's funny how professional gaming websites never upgrade unless it is really needed. I know some popular game forums still use vB 3.x. Yet, you update as soon as there is a possibility to upgrade. Why? The forums work for us, why upgrade? It's not like you get a massive amount of new features that are needed in order to run these forums. But every time you update, there's yet another chance to **** up the forums.

I'm just sayin', I think it's time someone updated Sky, who's up for the job?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You know, it's funny how professional gaming websites never upgrade unless it is really needed. I know some popular game forums still use vB 3.x. Yet, you update as soon as there is a possibility to upgrade. Why? The forums work for us, why upgrade? It's not like you get a massive amount of new features that are needed in order to run these forums. But every time you update, there's yet another chance to **** up the forums.

I'm just sayin', I think it's time someone updated Sky, who's up for the job?
I updated the forums because it had a bug fix count for over 500, including some IE and other browser issues I was waiting for to be fixed. Issues will always exist after updates, but I am the one that has to fix them, not you. Besides, this update has a new "style generator" feature which I was also waiting for to get a new black theme for you guys. I ALWAYS create backups in case things really breaks.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
On a side note, I've already fixed all of the issues which were caused by plugin & template, as I predicted.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What Sicron was trying to say is that you always jump on the newest updates, regardless how trivial they are. I don't see the downside though as long as you make complete backups before doing it. You technically own the forums, do what you want.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
What Sicron was trying to say is that you always jump on the newest updates, regardless how trivial they are. I don't see the downside though as long as you make complete backups before doing it. You technically own the forums, do what you want.
I know what he is trying to say :). There are people who choose not to update, while others do it. If there are countless of bugs being fixed, then it's worth the update. I prefer to keep up-to-date with things, that's the way I am.

Like I mentioned in my second-above post, I always create back-ups. If things goes wrong, I can easily revert back to the way it was. I also mentioned, I am the one that has to fix all the issues caused by the update, not you guys :). So I don't even know what the fuzz is all about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom