Forum master or whatever READ please

Best answers
Hello..

I just downloaded a illegal version of vbulletin 3.0.0 and i must say that it`s a pritty advanced script but i have one question well a few more :p

Do you guys like it that i wanna make a skin in the esf theme (the red color on the main site) and that you use it on here as the default forum skin :) i would really like it :) and i don`t want anything visable for it (so no links or banners) but i would like a place in the beta testers place for esf 1.2 . That would just be nice :) but whatever the anwser of you guys is i will atleast try to make a skin for it and the first one will be like this: http://www.extremepixels.com/forum/index.php?styleid=44

but that`s a payed skin so i need to make everything myself and in the red esf color :) but i WILL try it.

BTW.. is the version of vbulletin that you use legal?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all, wrong section, I think.

Second of all, anything illegal (warez - stolen software/scripting) is not permitted here. If you want to make a forum skin, go right ahead, but I wouldn't go off broadcasting that you have an illegally acquired version of vB....you may wanna keep that information to yourself.

Third, NO, this version of vB is quite liscenced.

Fourth, I wouldn't go off asking to be a beta tester for making a forum skin, the last guy who did it didn't get to beta test, that's more of a trust kind of thing that the team determines over time.

If you want to make a skin for the forum, I'd recommend you talk to Mastasurf, the project leader, about it.

Best answers
well i just make one and if you guys don`t want it than it`s free for aneryone else to use it :)

IF i can create it :p

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gohanssj2!! said:
well i just make one and if you guys don`t want it than it`s free for aneryone else to use it :)

IF i can create it :p
Go right ahead and create one, then get in touch with Masta or Greg, and they will see if they'd like to use it (more than likely they will, as it will be more suiting than the default skin). More power to you, I'm sure people would appreciate an ESF themed skin for their browsing pleasure =]

Best answers
Damn straight we would, this silver and blue **** makes me feel out of place...

Best answers
hehehehe well i`m bussy at the moment but it`s really hard to do so don`t expect that it will be finished in one day :p one week is the fastest i think :p

Now i don`t even know how to download a tempelate that is in the forum :p but i must admit that i`m a real n00b in vbulletin.. i`m much more advanced in invision power board :p

EDIT:::....

i will also create a completely new banner for the forum but then again.. it`s just the question if they are gonna use the whole skin :( But we will see about that when it`s finished

Retired
Best answers
well you can always try, I personally like this skin a lot.

Best answers
I hope that when they do put on a new skin, they leave this one at least online so we can choose which skin we like. The last skin they had drove me nuts!

Retired
Best answers
i'm sending a log of this topic to the VBB E-mail on there site....

i knwo having an illegal board of theres is way against them..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and this can be a valid discusion when the words illegal downloaded version arnt applicable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom