👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
Eh...that's lame.
Not quite, plus I have the feeling you would give out negative reputations all the time.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not trying to come off as a **** or anything, you've done a lot for this forum Sky, but what's the point of a reputation system if you can't downvote someone?

Will the negative rep come back eventually or is it gone?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sub said:
I'm not trying to come off as a **** or anything, you've done a lot for this forum Sky, but what's the point of a reputation system if you can't downvote someone?

Will the negative rep come back eventually or is it gone?
I think it'll come back eventually, yes. But at the moment, it can be abused.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Not quite, plus I have the feeling you would give out negative reputations all the time.
Right, which is why I've done nothing but give positive feedback.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think of it this way. A system of positive rep works on positive reinforcement.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
I think it'll come back eventually, yes. But at the moment, it can be abused.
That's why I'm saying you should amend the rules. If you do that, there's no problem. If someone -reps just to be a ****, you talk to an admin, same as any other offense. That's how you can keep it in line.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
LionHeart said:
No one gave me rep. *sad*
You are not allowed to lie, you know that?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the last 4 posts give me a terrible premonition...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Delta said:
That's why I'm saying you should amend the rules. If you do that, there's no problem. If someone -reps just to be a ****, you talk to an admin, same as any other offense. That's how you can keep it in line.
I don't see the point of -rep. If it's not ok to call someone an ass in a post why should it be allowed to call someone an ass with the rep system?

It seems like everyone starts moaning every time someone removes a way to insult someone. :S

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, yeah. People have a tendency to become a little irritated when you take away their freedom of expression. If someone says something horrible, we should be able to give them negative rep and say, "Wow, that was pretty horrible." If we're only allowed to pat each other on the back and talk about how awesome we are, there's no point in having a rep system. It'd just be a giant circle jerk.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
Well, yeah. People have a tendency to become a little irritated when you take away their freedom of expression. If someone says something horrible, we should be able to give them negative rep and say, "Wow, that was pretty horrible." If we're only allowed to pat each other on the back and talk about how awesome we are, there's no point in having a rep system. It'd just be a giant circle jerk.
Exactly what he said, to the word.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
Some people just like to give bad reputation. And others just don't learn regarding this problem.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So do what Delta said and enforce the rules. If someone tries to abuse the system, wag your finger at them. If they persist, give them an actual warning. It really isn't as complex as you're making it out to be.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
So do what Delta said and enforce the rules. If someone tries to abuse the system, wag your finger at them. If they persist, give them an actual warning. It really isn't as complex as you're making it out to be.
Which makes me wonder what happened in the past. Either way, the bad reputation won't be disabled forever.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
As I've updated the forums to 3.6.9, quite a lot of the addons no longer works. No worries, as this will be fixed shortly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
Insulting people is not a form of expression and never will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom