FORUM COMPETITION VI

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[align=center]Welcome to
Earth's Special Forces
Forum Competition VI (Six)
[/align]

Are you a frequent visitor of the ESF forums? Do you want access to THE ultimate headquarters of ESF information and want to see exclusive ESF news and media in advance? Well these competitions are here to give you free access to the Force Pit aka Phil's home.

Our forum regulars should remember the previous four forum competitions that were held some time ago.
- Competition I (Fight-Club) went to SaiyanPrideXIX
- Competition II (Banner-art) went to SuperSaiyanChris
- Competition III (Animated storytelling) went to Chakra-X
- Competition IV (Mapping) went to DragonDude
- Competition V (Trivia) went to Sean

Some good news for those of you with no specific skills to speak of. This forum competition will make use of your intuition. How will that work you may ask? It's quite simple.

How to play the game :
Anyone can participate. All you need to do is place your bets. Still confused? Read on.

Every day for a period of two weeks a match will be held. Remember this thread where I asked for nominations? These names will be used in mock fights. When a match is announced all you have to do is pick who you think will win the match and post it in this thread. If you choose correctly you will gain a point. At the conclusion of this competition the user with the most points will win. In the event of a tie, we will go into sudden death where royal rumbles break out. A winner for each mock fight has already been decided, as such there will be no favoritism shown to users. This also means that votes have no say as to whether or not someone wins their mock fight.

Additional notes
Please only post ONCE per match. It will make it much easier for me to tally votes. If you want to change your vote before the match is over, you need only edit your post.

Matches will be held once every 24 hours. You may vote anytime during that time, but when the next match starts, that's it.

If your name comes up in a match, you may choose to PM me with a small description of how you would like your character to win. If your character does win, I will use your description. If not, I will use your description and have it fail. Please do so before the match is over, and also allow enough time for me to read your PM (IE: not five minutes before the match ends). Obviously this does not apply to people who are banned. I will simply use what's been pre-written in the event I recieve no PM.

Prizes :
- Force Pit access / 1.3 early
- Your name will go up on the main page.

If the winner already has access to the Force Pit, they will then instead recieve 1.3 before anyone else. That means before the public, and even before the Force Pit folks get it! That's quite an incentive to pay into the Force Pit if you ask me.

Team members, beta-testers, and moderators are welcome to participate. However, beta-testers and team members will not be eligable to win for obvious reasons.

To allow time for people to see this thread before we begin, the first match will begin tomorrow, Saturday, September 16th at 6:30pm EST.
I hope to see many of you placing your bets!

Also a thank you to Chakra-X who suggested the idea we've based this competition on.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
This seems pretty stupid...

How is the winner of a match chosen? You flip a coin or something? What's the point of nominating people then?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For example, one match may look like this:

GuyA VS GuyB

Person1 votes for GuyA
Person 2 votes for GuyB

The winner is GuyA, so Person1 gets 1 point, while Person2 gets no points.

Every winner has already been chosen beforehand, as stated in the first post. The point of nominating people was to aquire a list of names to be used in place of "GuyA" and "GuyB"

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Where will the matches be announced?

Best answers
Intuition? Aren't we basically guessing? From the nominated names and their match-ups, by what are we comparing? Like if it was Kurt vs Opti, Kurt would win due to coding skill but Opti would win due to sheer sexiness. How are they being calculated?

Best answers
one of the rewards was an early release of esf 1.3 right? wich means u must be prrrrreeeety colse to the public anyone(who has hl) can get ver right:laff: ? anyway when dose this begin 1.3= the sooner the better(WHAAA i wanted to beta test (because i will be one as my job in the future))

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
g0jack said:
Intuition? Aren't we basically guessing? by what are we comparing? How are they being calculated?
Yep, it's guessing. There's really nothing to compare or calculate. You have a 50/50 chance at being right. If you don't care to participate you don't have to.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To allow time for people to see this thread before we begin, the first match will begin tomorrow, Saturday, September 16th at 6:30pm EST.
Shows how mutch people read the posts.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How many matches will there be?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woo! Thanks for taking my idea into consideration, I just hope it doesn't become too confusing for people...But why would it not work? A competition that does not require any skill, so all users would be eligible to win.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smeg said:
How many matches will there be?
Please read the first post before asking questions. Every single one of the questions so far have been answered in the first post.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh yeah my bad. Everyday for a period of 2 weeks. So 14 matches.
Will the winner on the 14th day receive 1.3 then and there? or will there be a delay before the winner receives 1.3?

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The game has to be finished before they can give it out. I'm pretty sure he means that they'll get it before others when it's finished.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The winner gets 1.3 earlier than the rest of the people. That means by a week or so. However, that is only applicable if the winner already has Force Pit access. If not, he just gets Force Pit access.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I see, thanks for that. I was just trying to sneak in a release date for 1.3 :p
But you got me hehe

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
OK, i have two questions:
1.What happens if the winner is not on the forums anymore (banned or just left)?
2.What the hell is Force-Pit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom