flying only when you press the fly button

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anytime u swoop and stop swooping, you are then in fly mode. how about you ONLY fly when you press the fly button. so if you do a double tap move WITHOUT fly mode on, it would be a very fast dashing move. do a double tap jump you would do a fast swoop in the air, but instead of staying in the air you just fall to the ground again. once you press the F button you then are in flying mode like it is now

this would make for much more fun and easier to do ground fights because you'll always be falling to the ground instead of always being in the air. also more faster and better menuverability =p can make use of wall jumping more, beam jumping, dash jumping, etc etc.

Best answers
well... maybe it would be good as a client side toggle in the option menu.... but i wouldnt use it that often myself

dor

Best answers
ilove the idea its like in the show :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer swooping making you fly. You might not see it right now, but perhaps later you'll decide that there's actually a good amount of coordination required to effectively drop out of a swoop every time you do it without screwing up, and it can often be the difference between a better or worse player. The way it is now it requires timing and a little bit of thinking to pull off; the way you're suggesting would be more conveniant, but it's be one less feature that required quick reflexes to master. Now, when you're on the ground, I'd personally prefer there be 'dash' moves or whatever as opposed to being able to half-assedly zanzoken (you usually hit inclines and it doesn't work at all), but that's just when you're standing on the ground.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
I prefer swooping making you fly. You might not see it right now, but perhaps later you'll decide that there's actually a good amount of coordination required to effectively drop out of a swoop every time you do it without screwing up, and it can often be the difference between a better or worse player. The way it is now it requires timing and a little bit of thinking to pull off; the way you're suggesting would be more conveniant, but it's be one less feature that required quick reflexes to master. Now, when you're on the ground, I'd personally prefer there be 'dash' moves or whatever as opposed to being able to half-assedly zanzoken (you usually hit inclines and it doesn't work at all), but that's just when you're standing on the ground.
I agree. I was going to say something along those lines (just.. not articulated as well o_o)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually kinda like the idea. Of course I'd have to try it out before i could truely say whether it's really a good idea. But it sounds like a good idea. Also it might be a good way to think of strategies.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with evirustheslaye, probably a menu toggle. But I doubt we'll input this idea. imagine swooping in a direction, right when you stop, you fall.. All the time!
swoop left - fall ---- swoop forward - fall ---- hit the ground.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
I agree with evirustheslaye, probably a menu toggle. But I doubt we'll input this idea. imagine swooping in a direction, right when you stop, you fall.. All the time!
swoop left - fall ---- swoop forward - fall ---- hit the ground.
i think u guys are misunderstanding some part of the idea. once you press the fly button, you'll be hovering over the ground. swoop left, you'll still be in the air. swoop up, swoop forward, swoop backwards, you'll be hovering like it is now. once you press the fly button to stop flight, the swoop fall swoop fall thing should happen. just that you have to be in flight mode to remain in the air

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he's got a point. gives n00bs the chance to atleast get use to what us pros do already (swoop freefalling)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
swooop free falling isn't that hard to do... >_> i'm just wanting it to be EASIER and much more.. realistic feel to it? (can't think of the word) when choosing air fights and ground fights. fighting on the ground is just like fighting in the air, there's no difference! this will allow a major difference in ground fights compared to air fights, a MAJOR.. which i've been wanting for so long

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh i see. well in the sparking priviews they said they wanted the player to feel where abouts a fight should take place and such. hmmm.... this idea would give n00bs that herd of the game thru some place and played sparking alot the chance to realise something free is better then something they pay for (hence the only thing u pay for is hl thou)

Good thinknig

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom