first wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
okay i never liked makeing wallpaper's never finishing them and trasing them half way threw this is the first one i like and want ideas to make it better please dont be to Hard on it or me :p

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The colors are too strong... this almost looks like it'd be something from Win 95.

As far as aesthetics... it has potential.

Best answers
It... looks really awesome, yet there is also something about it (or something missing) that's causing it to look not so great... Maybe experimenting with some different effects could shape it up to look even better.

Best answers
Eww, I think the colours are a bit to dark and hard there mate >_<. Try making them lighter. It'll be hard to see your Icons with that red bit. But I like the pattern you used :), Looks awsome. Just the strength of the colour that bothers me.

7/10
Change your Colours-
9/10

-GuZzie

Best answers
this is also one i did right after this one only minor changes i will make some changes to the first one and post it later tonight maybe

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too strong. Like Synth said, it looks like something from a decade ago. But it's not bad for your first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay i never liked makeing wallpaper's never finishing them and trasing them half way threw this is the first one i like and want ideas to make it better please dont be to Hard on it or me :p
errr, what the heck is that supposed to be anyways?
it's ugly, too acid colors and no refs at all.. i wouldn't use that as my wallpaper for 1 day even if i'd get 20bucks for it..

0/10

even though it's your first one, you could've done much better..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks like your posting microscopic pictures of bacteria.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks like your posting microscopic pictures of bacteria.
which is not a good idea for wallpaper imo..
and by the way they ae fractals, which he failed to make look nice like fractals should look..

Best answers
which is not a good idea for wallpaper imo..
and by the way they ae fractals, which he failed to make look nice like fractals should look..
you know some one wasnt loved as a kid i think you need to settle down and take a chill plill go out side and play or ahh east some thing because i like them and i could really care less what you really thing about it Mr Legendary man lol ya *Who's the man now Dawg*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you know some one wasnt loved as a kid i think you need to settle down and take a chill plill go out side and play or ahh east some thing because i like them and i could really care less what you really thing about it Mr Legendary man lol ya *Who's the man now Dawg*
What are you on about?

If you don't care about his opinion, they why make this thread?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's relax with the arguing, before I remember I can hand out warnings.

Best answers
well lol i say its my first one * i would use this for one day if some one payed me 20 bucks for one day* i dont think i was in the wrong for saying what i said and belive i said *okay i never liked makeing wallpaper's never finishing them and trasing them half way threw this is the first one i like and want ideas to make it better please dont be to Hard on it or me :p* if that wasnt hard should i let him come to my place hit me with a shovle and barrie me cuz i think that mite be hard well maybe im not meaning to argue its just i mean he came here and flamed for what i asked not to be flamed but he did im just not going to lay down and die when i was just posting first works

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your aren't going to get better in creating wallpapers, if everybody hands you chocolate buttercup comments, and not give you the full real deal comments, on what you should improve on, but if they just say "It sucks", then that should be the reason for you to get frustrated.

Best answers
errr, what the heck is that supposed to be anyways?
it's ugly, too acid colors and no refs at all.. i wouldn't use that as my wallpaper for 1 day even if i'd get 20bucks for it..

0/10

even though it's your first one, you could've done much better..
I take it you're an art student, or a professional in the art field, apparently. Obviously your opinion is your own, and I respect that, but to completely and utterly bash someone for their efforts is beyond me.

Wouldn't you get much more satisfaction saying something along the lines of "hey, that's not exactly my personal favorite, and the colors are a bit 'acid' -- but I applaud your efforts and if you're ever in need of a critic or some pointers, seek me out."

Obviously, this type of response is impossible for someone that isn't willing to see the picture from both sides and respect that the effort of a picture or wallpaper highly outweighs the final outcome.

I pity this generation.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll be the first to defend your efforts, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Don't beat yourself up over your first wallpaper... as far I'm concerned it's an above average attempt.

1. You acknowledged the need for a texture.
2. It wasn't the best two choices, but the colors weren't completely horrible.
3. Legendary was a little rough with his criticism, but don't let it be the end of the world.

If you dedice to persist with the bickering, I will be forced to take action.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should start over from scratch. It's kinda too random and eeky. Practically every wallpaper has a center point, find that and then make the wallpaper around it. Not just brush or filter the whole thing until it looks like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah i see, so you get pissed off for me because i gave a direct rating?
and i'm not even frustrated yet, you never haven't seen me frustrated or pissed so how can you even say me something that stupid?

well lol i say its my first one * i would use this for one day if some one payed me 20 bucks for one day* i dont think i was in the wrong for saying what i said and belive i said *okay i never liked makeing wallpaper's never finishing them and trasing them half way threw this is the first one i like and want ideas to make it better please dont be to Hard on it or me :p* if that wasnt hard should i let him come to my place hit me with a shovle and barrie me cuz i think that mite be hard well maybe im not meaning to argue its just i mean he came here and flamed for what i asked not to be flamed but he did im just not going to lay down and die when i was just posting first works
so why did you ever create this thread then?
i knew already it's your first one, so what? take your defeat like a man !_!
and infact, i've never flamed anyone here, and you're not an exception. if you want some critism then i will certainly criticize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom