first drawing (Adult Gohan)

Best answers
man, you really need to learn some human anatomy, the proportions are way off... visit this site, there must be some tutorials that could help you with drawing. http://www.mangatutorials.com

And that wallpaper came out pretty well, nice work :yes:

Best answers
First Drawing?!!!
what have you been doing all this years? youre 17 and thats all you got? o_O
even with 8 years i could draw better than this....

i really recommend you the "how to draw manga" magazines!

Best answers
:-( my very 1st drawing just for fun....and all i get is abuse, im hurt, im really hurt.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all. If you got proper/respectful crits and are willing to give him some pointers then reply with a respectful manner. Anymore posts such as I've seen will result in an immediate warning.

Now I'm not the greatest drawer either and mine would probably look even worse then that but if you keep at it you will get better in time.

Best answers
I'm actually stunned with the low quality of this work, especially because you just tried to reproduce something.. All you had to do was trace the original artwork with your eyes and put it on paper. I'll try my best to give you a few pointers and hints, but at this stage, it looks pretty hopeless (no offense, just being honest here).. But like some wise guy once said: "There's always hope as long as I live."

So, here it goes:

- Everything is out of proportion, there is no definition, no depth, no anatomy at all, grab a book or engulf yourself in a quest to google for anatomy lessons.
- You draw like a 7 year old; 2 lines next to eachother = arm, a big square body, triangles = hair. You see something, tear it up in basic geometry and call it a drawing of *something*. While this technique is commonly used by great artists alike, you missuse it. Most great drawing-artists use this technique to build up their subject, they use it as a base, as a skeleton. You just placed random geometry and thought it was done.
- There are only random lines on the page.. Lines that don't connect, lines that just seem to be put there without any thought. Look at the upper line of the left (his right) chestmuscle, if you follow it, it goes straight down to the armpit, whereas the upper line of the right (his left) chestmuscle goes to where it should go.

Few hints:
- God gave you great tools, your eyes are part of those tools, use them! You have to trace your object, look at it, scan it with your eyes. You have to compare one part with another part (is it higher or lower, is it bigger or smaller, how far are they apart compared to some other part, etc).
- Don't just look at the subject, look around the subject, the area around the subject is very important, as it can give you a better view of how the subject is shaped (you'd be surprised how much more you see if you look closely at the areas around the subejct)
- Use this basic geometry technique as a base for your drawing, think of it as a skeleton, just something that holds everything in place, but you still have to add the flesh and skin.

Just look look look and practice practice practice.

Oh, and don't hide behind "It's my first drawing :'(" DaVinci once made his first drawing as well, look where he ended up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom