Fighting Poses

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Been some time since I browsed the site, lovin all the new pics btw!

Anyway I had a cool idea that I'm sure hasn't been implemented yet.(Or it was suggested and we all forgot! Damn greys!)

MELEE READY STANCES!!! -AKA- FIGHTING POSES!!! AKA All out Ginyu

Eh!? Nice right? It's simple really. Just like when you hold down the attack button for any ki blasts you charge it and hold it ready. Well. Why cant you charge melee hits the same way? ... You all probably have a good reason for that, but. Having an actual fighting position TURTLE STANCE When your about to duel someone would be awesome, and offer a visual sense of aggression to the people around you who are readying to punch your lights out, and serve as a que to not fly right into that guy.

PS: from what I'm guessing in the last trailer, frieza had something like that as a block animation, but I was hoping something that you could move around with, as stated, just a ready animation for melee really; and o'course each character has their own specifically. Examples!

Frieza
150px-FriezaCellVsGoku.png

Thoughts and improvements welcome. And if this was already suggestion sorry for bringing it up once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am no more
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
This would be a nice little detail for the game, but I'm wondering if this couldn't be implemented into taunt system, well except that you can't control it so much.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I changed the title to be more descriptive. To anyone reading, please make the title of your suggestion describe what the suggestion is.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Been some time since I browsed the site, lovin all the new pics btw!

Anyway I had a cool idea that I'm sure hasn't been implemented yet.(Or it was suggested and we all forgot! Damn greys!)

MELEE READY STANCES!!! -AKA- FIGHTING POSES!!! AKA All out Ginyu

Eh!? Nice right? It's simple really. Just like when you hold down the attack button for any ki blasts you charge it and hold it ready. Well. Why cant you charge melee hits the same way? ... You all probably have a good reason for that, but. Having an actual fighting position TURTLE STANCE When your about to duel someone would be awesome, and offer a visual sense of aggression to the people around you who are readying to punch your lights out, and serve as a que to not fly right into that guy.

PS: from what I'm guessing in the last trailer, frieza had something like that as a block animation, but I was hoping something that you could move around with, as stated, just a ready animation for melee really; and o'course each character has their own specifically. Examples!

Frieza
View attachment 2269

Thoughts and improvements welcome. And if this was already suggestion sorry for bringing it up once again.

Melee works differently. Also all big beams now require you to not move while charging them. As in while you are charging that bigass beam you are stuck on the spot. A little compensation for the lock on system.

In any case if you want to RP, some block animations look a tad more "fighting" stance ish. But thats probably as far as we are going. Unless DT decides to use the idles as fighting stances. But anything you can move in would require the reworking of every single movement animation we already have.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't there also an animation limit that you guys have to take into account?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
512. That includes all movements, melee, transitional animations between different movement types, transformations, getting hit animations, different special/throw animations that differ per character, ki attacks and so on.

So yea there is that to.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
First off thanks Sub. I'll remember to be more descriptive - And Robiz that's not a bad spinnoff either. Maybe. Remember Dalte? saying there were like 20 taunts for each character ^,,^

Well no one wants to see progress deterred for any reason. The upper half of the body, and the legs are animated separately now if I'm not mistaken. Maybe it can just temporarily override any standard animation when you hold the button.

I couldn't guess how difficult (or tedious) it would be to impliment this but yeah. I got the idea from seeing frieza block in the new years trailer. It's not so much for RP as I just like details, and animations are usually the first think I go over in games, and really why wouldn't a bunch of super martial artists NOT have fighting stances?

Perhaps you could pass it buy DT sometime and see what he thinks.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually the taunts are vocal only. No movement, just sound.

But as much as id love to see fighting pose animations in the game, i really dont want to dump an extra workload on DT.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Melee works differently. Also all big beams now require you to not move while charging them. As in while you are charging that bigass beam you are stuck on the spot. A little compensation for the lock on system.

In any case if you want to RP, some block animations look a tad more "fighting" stance ish. But thats probably as far as we are going. Unless DT decides to use the idles as fighting stances. But anything you can move in would require the reworking of every single movement animation we already have.
So, basically most beams are useless compared to melee, am I right?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So, basically most beams are useless compared to melee, am I right?
There are 2 features that counteract that. One of them being the lock on function. The other was not really talked about yet, but was shown in the fxmass video.

Aditionally beam splash damage also hits stamina. Not to mention the bigger blast radious of most of them.

Ball attacks also have a slight homing to them with the lock on function so they are partially fire and forget.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Ball attacks also have a slight homing to them with the lock on function so they are partially fire and forget.
Hey, I just had an idea about that. How about if when there already is a ball attack cast by the player on the field, the player could continue to hold the 'charge' button to increase it's turning ability, or they could run away.

Just had this idea in a split-second, so feel free to pick at it. ^_^

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I just had an idea about that. How about if when there already is a ball attack cast by the player on the field, the player could continue to hold the 'charge' button to increase it's turning ability, or they could run away.

Just had this idea in a split-second, so feel free to pick at it. ^_^
Bals are designed as fire and forget. And anything with the damage potential of a signiture attack should have a cap on the turn rate. Besides it already changes based on charge ^^

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
There are 2 features that counteract that. One of them being the lock on function. The other was not really talked about yet, but was shown in the fxmass video.

Aditionally beam splash damage also hits stamina. Not to mention the bigger blast radious of most of them.

So lets talk about this second function then. The ability to quick charge your beams if i'm not mistaken? How does that work?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahh someone payed attention.

Put simply. You start charging a beam, you press a button. In xchange for a chunk of your stamina you instantly charge the beam to minimum charge. Is it spammable. About 4 times before you are out of stamina and thus unable to swoop and teleport with a couple really angry people going your way.

And remember. Stamina cant be recharged like KI can. Though certain attacks will not have this option (spirit bomb, death ball and so on basically the big hitters)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Ahh someone payed attention.

Put simply. You start charging a beam, you press a button. In xchange for a chunk of your stamina you instantly charge the beam to minimum charge. Is it spammable. About 4 times before you are out of stamina and thus unable to swoop and teleport with a couple really angry people going your way.

And remember. Stamina cant be recharged like KI can. Though certain attacks will not have this option (spirit bomb, death ball and so on basically the big hitters)
So, we can finally replicate the Kaioken x20 moment? This just made the game x20 cooler.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I can dig it, yeah I was wondering how SS3 Goku: #1 Caught up with a beam(meaning the levels are WAY big) #2 Passed the beam(you move HELLA fast) #3 AND managed to charge a big AWESOME kamehameha; engaging then in a beam struggle! O,,o biblical...

Such a moment even being capable truly reveals why this is the APEX DBZ GAME EVER!

PS: Makes me wonder another thought? Do charged beam struggles result in monolithic explosions?

Last edited:
Best answers
Now imagine a Z fighter vs ginyu force battle, and before you fight do group fighting poses
#zforcevsginyuforce

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom