Fiery Blast

Best answers
A quick idea for a new move trunks should have; a fiery blast move. The move he uses to kill Frieza and also against Android 16 when he returns to the future. It's a blast with a wide spread that's more like a large flame and not an explosion. He should be able to do it at close to point blanke and it shouldnt hurt him (like a close xplosion would). Any thoughts?

Best answers
All I can say is wtf are you on?

Those moves are called Finish Buster and Burning Attack.
He uses them on Frieza, Android 17 and 18.. not 16 lol.

Best answers
err mah bad, lol, i meant 17!!!!! yea it's late here.......anyway, burning attack and finishing buster are NOT those attacks, go rewatch

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know what attack you are talking about. I don't think it's a bad idea. I would like to see Trunks with a more power ki attack. Although the addition of his sword does help him out a lot.

Best answers
argh......lol.........i mean android 18......okay last time i correct that.....lol.......

Best answers
Yes I like this move its what I like to call Hell's Inferno..... I think he need this attack..... And for uber unbalanced... there is a block button dude and I never saw him move when he used this attack so he would have to stand still like burning attack. So I like it... :)

Best answers
I cannot understand why they decided to make Trunks almost a pure melee character. Trunks mixes up energy attacks and melee just like everybody else in the show. Just because the man uses his sword once in the show he is now a “melee god”, where is Gohan’s sword, either the one he had when he was young or the Z Sword? Trunk’s killed Freeza with the sword, 17 with a large ki blast, 18 with the ki wave from this thread, and Cell with the Finishing Buster.

Trunk’s FB needs to be stronger and turned into a beam. I know this has been beat to death about his attacks and how they are incorrect but it is an important topic otherwise there wouldn’t be so many threads on it. As far as I know the ki wave isn’t a named attack of any kind but I have only seen the American versions so that isn’t saying much.

I would welcome any addition to Trunk’s ki attack list as it is very slim now. Since Trunks has used the Ki wave more than once, and there are many attacks in game now that there were used only once, I would consider it a valid choice for an a new attack.

Best answers
I couldn't argee more :) he uses Ki like everyone else like Majin Mrillin said, so I think this attack would work nicely...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, The attack Trunks used that you're all talking about seems to me as just a beam that was strong enough to overwhelm the opponent and just disintegrate him. Same thing happened to cell when gohan overwhelmed him with that massive kamehameha. It happens from time to time in the series, and in this case trunks was much more powerful than frieza. So much more that he wasn't even an obstacle in the beams way. just my opinion though.

Best answers
Well if it is a beam it sure doesn't look like one NO

It looks more like a flame throwing of death... which i like to call Hell's inferno.... god i love that name, not a beam.

Best answers
smith is right, not to mention a beam would blow up in your face unlike this attack that trunks uses. everyone's always naggin' for a new trunks move and i think some variation of this would be ideal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off, you really only see a very small portion of the "attack". Therefore we really cant say whether its a beam or not, second of all, i mentioned up above if you decided to read my post before replying to it, that when a beam is way more powerful than it's target in the series, it doesn't blow up... the beam simply disintegrates him/her. It has happened to cell twice, frieza experienced it... even when vegeta made krillen blast him so that he could be healed to become stronger, the beam didn't explode. It wasa small beam and it peirced right through vegeta, does this make it a flame attack?? No, it simply means that either the beam was way too strong to blow up on a weak enemy or, the enemy wasn't defending at all.

Best answers
Watch when Freeza is fighting against Piccolo. Freeza shoots a big beam at Piccolo. Piccolo deflects the blast and shoots a ki wave at Freeza just like the one Trunks used except it was from a long distance and of a different color.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin Krillin said:
Watch when Freeza is fighting against Piccolo. Freeza shoots a big beam at Piccolo. Piccolo deflects the blast and shoots a ki wave at Freeza just like the one Trunks used except it was from a long distance and of a different color.
You can't say piccolo used the same attack if you can't be sure about what trunks used especially if it was from long distance.. since everyone has been saying it should be a close quarters attack. Either way this isn't about what attack piccolo used, this is about trunks, and just becuase your attack description matches one of piccolo's attacks doesn't make trunks's attack anymore like it. All i am saying is that this type of effect (non-explosive beam) has happened with a kamehameha... vegeta's final flash.. and just becuase it doesn't explode doesnt make it automatically some sort of flamethrower attack. I don't really think that attack would be useful anyways.. whats the point of getting up close to fry someone if you can do it with a beam from long distance... or a bunch of ki blasts from long distance.

Best answers
I think since Trunks is some kind of close-combat character, it would come in handy...

Best answers
Phatslugga does this look like a beam http://members.lycos.co.uk/iyuw/trunks.wmv... I read your post I didn't say anything about it not overpowering someone alls I said is it wasn't a beam and it isn't.... O yeah Majin Krillin is right..

Ex of a beam:============D

(
(
(
Ex of not a beam ( Hell's Inferno i am sorry this isn't going to work!!!
(
(
(

They should be coming off the middle one down at an angle and up at an angle, but for some reason i can't do it (to dumb i think)
Sorry for the crude Caveman drawings, but point had to be made. :devgrin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom