Favorite RPG Series

Best answers
Well I'm about to go to bed and I just wanted to make a thread about something before I went to bed.

Basically just a normal "what's your favorite" thread. If you have a favorite series not on the poll, post it, but make sure it is an RPG (Role-Playing Game)!

The reason I chose these series' will be stated below. If you don't wanna read it, just post or vote. This isn't important.

Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior): Probably the BEST series (although you may not think so because of the mediocre graphics). In Japan DQ7 sold more copies than any Final Fantasy game to date. There is also a law stating that DQ games cannot be released on a day other than a Sunday or Holiday, since people will cut school or work to get a copy :p

Final Fantasy: A great series, as anyone who has played one of the games will tell you. Probably one of the best games in the series was FF3/6, followed by 7. IMHO FF10 was the worst. It was a good stand-alone game, but not a good FF. Needless to say I am not looking forward to FF10-2. Tactics Advance was pretty good though.

Gensuo Suikoden: Good Story and average graphics make up these games. Although it may not sound special, theres something appealing about trying to recruit dozens of different characters, some complex, others boring and simple. Suikoden 4 looks like it will break the bad graphics streak, but we will have to wait to hear the story.

Legend of Zelda: What's there to say here? If you've played it, chances are you liked it. It's an addictive Action Adventure/RPG series... Yup...

Chrono Series: The series that consists of Chrono Trigger, Radical Dreamers, Chrono Cross, and Chrono Break. Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were amazing games, while Radical Dreamers was... well... CT and CC were awesome. RD is best described as a rope that ties together CT and CC's stories.

The rest I've never played, but I've heard they were good.

Also, I'm very tired. If I've missed a big one then just tell me in your post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
d20 (dnd, dungeons and dragons, modern, orental adventures, and so on)

nothing beats it

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Final Fantasy because of FF6..
Chrono because of Trigger...Cross pwns..
I didn't vote. Too indecisive.

Best answers
Ugh... how could I forget DnD? PnP RPGs pwn... I guess I was only thinking console RPGs ATM... :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok so where is the breath of fire series, and dont forget star ocean, not to mention the lunar series. and where the hell is shining force!!! or phantasy star

i happen to like the breath of fire series the best. not because of story but because it always has good gameplay

shining force in second because of the story, plus the gameplay

and finally in 3rd final fantasy. anything over FFT just plain sucked my left nut

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have more than just one favorite :x

Lufia & the Fortress of Doom/Lufia: Rise of the Sinistrals
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Final Fantasy V/VI/VII/IX/X (I left VIII out cause thats the only FF I hate)
XenoGears/Saga
Seiken Densetsu 1/2/3 (I think thats how you spelled it)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time

Their were other old skool RPG's but I cant remember all of their names.

Best answers
For me i picked Final Fantasty... but there's also another one i have in mind that I like
The Series of Dynasty Warrior's.. with along other games like Kessen 1 & 2. and Dynasty Tatics 1 & 2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dynasty Warriors is considered an RPG?
I thought Kessen and Dynasty Tactics were RTS...

Anyway, I didn't like the first Kessen much, Im a big fan of the DW series though.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
My Top 5 RPG

1: Chrono Trigger
2: Legend of Zelda
3: Golden Sun
4: Breath of Fire
5: Tales of Phantasia

BTW: Fire Emblem isn't RPG it's Turn Based Strategy :p

Best answers
final fantasy 7, the first game i ever got for my playstation played it,loved it i now got ff6 ff7 collectors ff8 collerctor ff9 and ff10 am gettin 10-2 when i can

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Fantasy 8 blows :x I'd compare it to Mystic Quest but I think MQ has it beat.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Legend of Zelda for Zelda 64 and Windwaker
Final Fantasy for 10 and 7
Chrono Trigger pwned

I voted for Zelda but FF and CT were also great.

Best answers
The Final Fantasy series by far. The creator(s) have mastered Role-Playing Games,
and while the others I enjoy or are even great, none can live up to the standards that
Final Fantasy delivers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I would have known Final Fantasy would get so many vote I would have voted for Xenosaga instead :\

Best answers
Damn! When I put Fire Emblem I meant Breath of Fire...

Can a mod or someone fix that please?

Best answers
FF series is the best, then Chrono, then Zelda. Screwz0rz all the rest =]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmmm

DARK CLouD PWNZ0rz j000!!!!

its like sim city and zelda combined!! and the 2nd one u can take pictures!

(the series, especially the 2nd one, for all u slow ones)

Best answers
Don't even get me STARTED on Dark Cloud 1... -_-'

Dark Cloud 2 was pretty good though. I bought it =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
  • Final Fantasy
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Chrono Trigger
Those are my top 3 favorites, but of course FF is my favorite.

Best answers
Don't get me wrong, I love Final Fantasy....but the best RPG I've ever played would have to be Fallout (2 I guess). The characters are amazingly customisable, the world is incredibly in depth, much more so than you would think at first glance. And any game where you can ACTUALLY just walk into a town and try and kill everyone has to get extra points.

Final Fantasy's, I like more like the way I like a movie, not RPG's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom