Favorite FPS Weapon?

Favorite First Person Shooter Weapon?

• Total voters
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like long-range tactics during the first 5 minutes of the game, but I usually get bored. I use the pistol because it gives me some range and can still kill someone with headshots, and I use the knife because most people just hold down to a button and spray all over the place while you move erratically. Then they try to reload or run and reload and it usually ends with lots of stabs to the face.

That's why they need to make games where damage is dependent on location. I would love to blow away someones kneecaps while they run, and then stab their arms or something.

Deus Ex is a perfect example of a game that did locational damage well.

Best answers
Shotguns for me. I just get a special feeling when I blow someone in half with one, or when I blast em in the face.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like to sit in one spot and snipe (ahhh the DoD days :D)

chakra-x you're my new best buddy...

Of course you can't sit in one spot all day, so i like a nice strong pistol. One that's slow at firing but does damage like no other.

Best answers
Depends on the game really. If i play something like quake then railguns and rocket launchers are my choice, in CS Assault rifles are good, in Battlefield or some other WW game i tend to choose sniper rifle... I answered Assault rifle because its fairly good gun in every game.

Best answers
If the game has a railgun.. then the railgun. I love them. If not, my second choice would have to be a shotgun.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Shotguns, like getting in close range for two reasons, one I like to run up on people and seeing if I have the skill to avoid being hti myself from any long range weapon they have, and if I mess up, all roads point to my melee weapon :p

sneaking up and shotty blasting is fun as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything with a good powered scope will do, and pistols. Those are my favorites. Pistols, just feel good, and I love it when I can snipe a target without them knowing where I was (not as in camping, but sniping is just fun).

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swords are the way to go!

They try and shoot me in Halo 2, I say "nuts to that," and cut their heads off!
Crap, I forgot about Melee weapons.

Well if available, I would take a massive claymore.

:p and in some HL2 mod there was even a shovel as melee weapon, that rocked too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all kinds off 1 hit kill weapons with small crosshairs without any kind of zoom ability like quake 3's railgun or Unreal tournament 99's instagib rifle, sure i like ut 03's and 04's too, but they have a scope :/

also i like all these shotguns with some kind of explosive launcher, like flak gun :D

then i like sniper rifle's, mini gun's, shock rifle's, and all kinds of plasma shooters like in unreal tournament's the link gun..
and as last but not least, rocket launchers :)

in cs: ak47, m4, deagle , socom, awp, scout
halo 2: carbine, battle rifle, dual magnum's, covenant sniper rifle, brute shot, dual needlers
halo: pistol , assault rifle, sniper, needler
quake 3: railgun, rocket launcher
Unreal Tournament 99, 03, 04: Instagib rifle, sniper rifle, flak gun, link gun, rocket launcher, Ripjack (ut 99)
Battlefield 1942: sniper rifle, BAR, thompson, mp40, stg44
Alien Vs Predator 2 : Spear(predator)E.M.P gun(predator) , pulse rifle(human), shotgun(human)

well, those were the only games i have installed on computer or i play actively..

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The AMSD Shock Rifle from the Unreal series has always been a favorite of mine. I loved the insta-hit damage and the fact that you could throw people off ledges with it. It was also fun trying to hit people with the combo.

Best answers
ak47, kreig, or IDF defender from cs 1.6 i like using those weapons.

Xenon

X
I've always favored the good old M4. Effective at long range, as well as close range, using full automatic fire in CQC, and semi-automatic fire for those longer shots. It's the perfect balance of everything I need.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee. I don't know why it's more satisfying in FPS games, but running up to somebody, dodging their fire and cutting them down in a single elegant stroke has to be one of the coolest FPS experiences (First Person Swordsmanship).

Deus Ex's Dragon's Tooth Sword or Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodline's Katana are good examples of this. The sword from Halo II looks pretty tasty too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom