Favorite classic rpgs

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
There was an rpg called Secret of Evermore... I really got into that one, never beat it.

Well if you want too try it again and beat it let me know :)

Best answers
Anything that was made past 1995 does not count as old!

... Seiken Densetsu 3 ftw! \o/

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ordinarily i would say FF3 or Chrono Trigger, but ive started playing Tales Of Phantasia(SNES), and it is REALLY impressive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(Zelda isn't an RPG, it's an adventure, btw)

My favorites, in order from most favorite to least favorite:
- FFVII
- Grandia 1
- Terranigma
- Chrono Trigger
- Secret of Mana, even though the battle system could've used a lot of work.. I mean, you can't even change your direction while running, and running makes your chara 'tired', so you if you're running, you have to stop, wait for your character to finish resting, turn to face the direction in which you want to go, and start running again. In the same way, you can't run and immediately dish out maximum damage. Other than that, good game, farking sweet music, but the story isn't that captivating.
- Tales of Phantasia

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
suicidal_maniac said:
Ordinarily i would say FF3 or Chrono Trigger, but ive started playing Tales Of Phantasia(SNES), and it is REALLY impressive.
Told you it was a really great game especially for the snes and its capabilities. It feels like your playing a PS1 game sort of except with 8-16 bit sounds hehe but some games now only play 16 bit sound heh.

The storyline is just awesome and the combat is just nothing you've ever seen for the snes I love that game so much and play it about 7x after beating it and if you remember I got a hole bunch of people addicted too it especially ryoko and that onion dood heh.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Chrono Trigger is probably my favorite console RPG.

Diablo 2 would be the favorite PC RPG (even if it's hack 'n slash, it still pwns you).

My friend and I are playing through Secret of Mana 2 (over internet <_<), and it's very good as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenogears

Legend of Dragoon

Jade Cacoon

Want remake/sequel of Legend of Dragoon...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
Final Fantasy VIII
Diablo II
EverQuest
bwa ha ha ha. FF8 FTW!!!!

but by classic, i'm gonna have to go for chrono trigger, game rocks ff anyday.

And since were breaking away from turn based rpgs.

I'm gonna have to go to megaman X, it was all downhill after that. awsome storyline... awsome characters... awsome fast paced gameplay

I'm so good at that game i can beat it in like 20-30 minutes and no i dont cheat lol.

I can manage to get 100% items, i'm too good at that game.

DMW

Best answers
Well looks like some people dont get what CLASSIC RPG means but anyway,im will say
Chrono Trigger
Zelda (snes version) I forgot the name
FF3
btw games like ff tactics,everquest,FF8 are not classics.And not just any game imo is a classic just cuz its old,i think it has to have been popular during its time,one of the best of its time to become and given the title classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom