Fan/Heatsink Help

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want a very very good fan/heatsink combo. I want, like the best there is. Noise level doesn't bother me at all because my computer is pretty far from me. I have a list but I can not tell whats the best. On airflow I do not know what cfm stands for or any of that mumbo jumbo lingo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ry=62&ATTR3=2010110062+1294418667&PageSize=50

please help me out.

Edit: Also, the fan/heatsink has to fit a 939 socket cpu. If anyone knows of a better site or of better products, please post it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I were you I would get a Thermaltake Big Typhoon, Thermalright XP-120 or a Artic cooling freezer 64 pro for a 939 hsf, Iv'e heard nothnig nut good things about them. The stock hsf aren't too bad. I guess your'e getting one for overclocking :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i was kinda going for overclocking....maybe. I just want a super cold system without going watercooling. I don't trust water near my stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Air cooling will never get colder than your room temperature. Just an FYI.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But the fans will expel the heat which is better then nothing. The only problems I have with watercooling is it being water near my electronics and it being expensive to get. Much more then several good fans.

And Smith, my room temp is always around 65 degree's.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um... the water is contained o.0 Water cooling isn't all that bad. I spose you could always do what those people did with the oil. Just fill 'er up with veggie oil and VUALA! you have a cooled computer (PS- dH2O = your electronics will be fine so long as you wipe the water up)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that but fans are way less expensive then water cooling. Any sites that tell you how to make a super cold case only using fans? Or any sites that just deal with fans/heatsinks/water cooling?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I wouldn't touch watercooling myself, if something leaks then you could be screwed. There is though in the event that a leak happens stuff you can do, like dryying off you parts (Provided they already didn't break =P).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, i talked with Smith and he said all i would need is a good heatsink/fan for my cpu and I would be good. Questions have been answered, thread can be closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom