• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bryggz, good idea.

Sonic Boyster... I know they are working on new particle effects, but that’s for the weak ass comps, my suggestion is to make the particle effects and others like Bryggz suggested, and smoke, etc, look a lot better but for high end comps.

As I keep saying the current Particle System is set on 3 level; low, medium, and high. I want them to add an extra graphic option called extreme, which would include more effect that wouldn’t effect low end users unless there stupid enough to select it.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately I believe "extreme" could also describe the amount of work that would have to go into this setting. If they really felt like going crazy with it and moving past the limits of the half life engine then I'm sure they could whip something up for 1.3 or 1.4, depending on whenever they decide to add new transformations and or characters. I'm not sure they'll want to do it though, as it would kill frame rate even on monster comps. I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain that any added effects into the half life engine would drain framerate at a much higher ratio then adding effects to, say, a Quake 3 modification. Quake 3 is designed for big sparkly, shiny things, and so it knows how to render them much more efficiently than Half Life. If you were to use models of Quake 3 quality in Half life, it might kill your machine.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Not totally anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Currently ESF is holding back from using HL 100%, Im jsut talking about adding more effects to the game, and making them look a little better in this setting. Plus smoke and dust and other stuff.

Best answers
I was also toying around with the idea of something like this....

I think the explosion is pretty boring...its a sphere. I was thinking of just having an actual model (that was animated) which would most likely only be available to higher end graphic options. Anyhow, something along the lines of this....

This would sort of bubble and undulate out from the sphere(which would be a sort of invisible to still give damage, meaning that if the tips or edge of the moving smoke hits you, you wont take damage)

(In the picture, the red circle represents this invisible damage barrier)

making weird shapes, and actually looking like smoke, then it would suck back in, and disappears in some smoky sprite animation or something of the like. Anyhow, I figured in-game, it would look something like this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm... Thats a great idea, but I think t would be hard to model, and code to expand and deflate... and if it does expand the polys would be higher than UT2k3 can handle :x

Best answers
I mean, the sphere expands and deflates already, it wouldnt need to be anything more, just it shrinking and all. And the model wouldnt actually have to be sphereical, it could look terrible, just that it would be a bloby, moving mass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggest that they add thse pulsating white waves they do every time they chagre and shoot a beam.

Best answers
also partical effects for the head of a fully charged beam when fired along the ground (similar to the swoop one) and also when a PS happens, have the circular particals effects (similar to the power up ones).

Best answers
I was also thinking that beams look normal, but when you 'turbo' them, they should get much thicker, making a clear sign to the enemy, and something flashy to boot.

Best answers
How about when your powering up (to refresh kai) It looks like it does when you transform.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isdor, then what would tranformation look like.

IMO I say energy should emit outward when yoru recharging, lightning, but not for turbo enless your ssj2, or on your 2nd transformation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There already going to do that in future beta's. I would like them to put in the BFP aura.

Best answers
i ring of dust that moves away when you get smashed into the floor. To see what i mean just tap the powerup button once when on the floor.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Full 3d Partical Charge System; when powering up.
During a Power Struggle, Sparks Fly off.

*Though this topic wasnt replyed to in a while, the idea is still fresh, so I beg Moderators not to close this thread.

Best answers
Why not let the people who have the hardware indulge themselves in some eye-candy? So long as it does not affect the people who don't select this option, then I say add it.

Best answers
talking about graphics explosions....it would be cool to sometimes make like the DBZ series; to throw a really powerfull attack and a cloud of dust surrounds the attacked enemy but you can't see and have to wait some seconds.

Best answers
If the beams gave off the appropiate coloured lighting much more strongly, that would be great. So every time a kame comes near, your model will turn blue.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they should make the power-up effects get bigger and go farther as you get stronger. Like so someone who just started has the power-up effects like they are now, but someone with 50 million would have very large waves of dust flying up and outwards across the level, rocks going very high up and coming out from a very wide range around the player, and maybe have cracks run along the ground if its possible. Also as your powerlevel gets higher you should be able to have these effects work as you get higher and higher from the ground, the more the powerlevel, the higher from the ground you could go, plus as you go higher, the effects would star to weaken, unless your incredibaly strong.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. NEVER BRING BACK SUCH OLD THREADS AGAIN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom