Expert Version

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got a suggestion for ESF :D Woohoo

The thing is:
How about if there were two versions of ESF. The first version, would be the newbie, or casual gamers version, for those who like the all around balance of the game and that they still stand a chance of winning even if they just enter a game.

The second version would be an "expert version" or hardcore version, for people who really want a good fight. This version would be the same as the first version except that the attack/character balance would be as it was in the show, Exactly as it was, i.e. No generic power beam is going to be able to match up against a Kamehameha, and fights with Krilling against Goku, or Vegeta against Buu would more likely turn out like it was in the show.

Yes, I know, it sounds like everyone would just want to play the all super powered characters, then where would the fun be then?
Well it would be sort of like i dmz. There can only be eight players, and each of those eight has a single individual fighter, so you won't be seeing 4 vegeta's and 3 buus, and 6 goku's or something like that.
Then the weak character's could team up against that one strong character, not like a world's strongest mode, just a normal deathmatch where everyone would be best served if they tried to kill the one or two really strong characters.

The way I see it, it wouldn't really be all that hard to code. Just a few increases or decreases in the attack values and character stats, but nothing really new. The "only 8 player" thing wouldn't have to be implemented. It won't even be needed if the players fight fairly, or realistically.

Oh, and so that everyone gets a turn as the strongest character, the server rotates the player classes each time it starts over.

Sorry if this was a bit confusing :(, but tell me what you think. L8er

ultrassj_vegeta

U
how bout just a new game mode??..... stead of releasing two....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:rolleyes: thats the worst idea i have ever heard, and theres been alot of bad ideas here, a "hardcore" verson when unless ur goku u cannot do ****? er, no that would not work...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Worse than the esf vs pitiful humans? Aw come on, it can't be that bad :(

Anyway, I was just suggesting it because it's very weird to see krillin actually stand a chance against someone like Goku or Buu, it's just . . . wrong.

Alloting the powers that they would truly have in the show would be far more realisic in my opinion, or perhaps even giving players an option of using "balanced" or "realistic" combat would be better?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ppl would go for balenced, that what makes a game good, no one is gonna have fun playing as krillin and dieing cos its :just like the anime:

Best answers
my suggestion to this idea is to make server editable variables or settings that let you turn the power balancing feature off, and sets a max power level that characters can reach. Eg:

(in the server.cfg file)
sv_powerbalancing = 0 // set power balancing off.
sv_goku_maxpl = 5000000 // set goku's max PL to 5 million
sv_krillen_maxp = 1000000 // set krillen's max PL to 1 million
and so on...

Using the above example, krillen can only get to be 1/5 the power of Goku at maximum.
I don't think many people would use such options, but it could still be implemented in a quick cheap way and those people that really want to use it would have to set it up for themselves.

With such a game mode, you might be able to employ an online based player saving system. Yeah it might suck and get cheated on but bleh maybe we can work out a way for it not to get cheated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sv_badidea 2 :p

starting pl's mean jack people will easyly get up to someone else after like 10 minutes

Best answers
why is goku max set to 5mill???
wats he gonna do with 5mill
and just cause the characters are balanced doesnt mean that anyone can kill anyone else, you still can be skillful and raise yr pl to a huge number and destroy everyone, with one huge beam

Best answers
Originally posted by Majin Sephiroth
why is goku max set to 5mill???
wats he gonna do with 5mill
there's always one that misses the boat...

The point of that --> example <-- was that:

Krillen's Max PL = X
therefore, Goku's Max PL = X * 5 (Krillen's Max PL times 5) meaning, Goku is 5 times as strong as Krillen. Using the server side variables you could set Goku to be 20 times as strong as krillen if you wanted. Just do:

sv_goku_maxpl = 20000000

instead of 5000000.

5 million is no definite value to use. it was just showing how each character could be limited in relation to another.

I don't understand what Hibiki said at all. Who is Jack? And these aren't starting PLs, they are maximum PLs. You start low and work your way up. I'm not saying the idea is a good one, i'd prefer the balanced mode. I'm just discussing ways you could achieve such freedom in the mod without having to make a whole different mode.
Even if they add support for changing PL values etc, someone else could write a program that writes up the server.cfg files for you, so the team doesn't have to worry about it. All they do is provide the documentation for what the server variables do.

Best answers
come on, lets simply wait till beta is out, play it one year, and then we can suggest sumthing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom