Everytime I load this website

Discord Member
Best answers
Everytime I load the website I have extremely high hopes that I am going to see in big bold letters "ESF:FINAL RELEASED" everytime. Most of the time however it's the same old post from a few months ago which is a massive let down. Other times there are awesome videos that are posted like the Ice wasteland one. I honestly don't know how I would react If I suddenly came to the website and I see those glorious words that allow me to spend the rest of my life in what is going to be a fantastic game. I guess the point of the post is that I am requesting more frequent updates. I know other people have asked this and your response is generally "a lot of the stuff we do is behind the scenes coding" ect. Myself personally, would love to hear about that behind the scene stuff. I.E. 'Working on some bug fixes and I played around with the muscle size on goku's arms today' <-- I would love to hear about that! and I know I'm not the only one. Other games like Dota2 have a blog that details what they did that day (I know that is not always the case for Dota2 but they have done it in previous posts) Honestly writting a paragraph each day is not difficult and I am suprised you guys aren't already doing this. I'm not having a go at the creators for not doing it and all I'm really asking is that you take 5-10 minutes from your busy day just to let us know what you did today :) Anyway that's just a thought I had and I'd love to hear a response on the matter.

Keep up the fantastic work on the game and I can't wait to sell my soul to it :D

x

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
I do follow the FB posts but that is pretty far off from what I was talking about. I was talking about daily updates about what that person (who posts on that day) had been working on specifically. For example if you were to make tweaks on a map you could fill us in on that. Even if it was minor. That was the point I was trying to get across. The facebook page is nothing in comparison to my mighty idea of mightyness.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then everyone would be to focused on updates to get much work done.

You have to remember. This is not a job. People go to work, go to school, do homework, study for exams, have families, friends they hang out with or other things they need to take care of. And what little free time there is left is spent on ESF.

Heck even taking a POTW is kind of a chore nowadays, let alone daily updates.

In the past before the 1.2 release there were developer journals that devs updated with what they were doing. It was less updated than the news articles ^^

Adding 1 extra task to the load thats already there is not really a good idea. Though i do understand how you feel.

Discord Member
Best answers
oh wow really? Please re-read my post. I said "5-10 minutes" are you honestly telling me out of the 24 hour day you don't (or other members of the ESF team) don't have 5 minutes to spare? I am not asking you to write a page everyday. I am asking you to simply jot down what you are working on? It could be just be 5 dot points? briefly summarizing what you worked on that day. Honestly it's not a difficult task at all and you make it sound like I'm asking you to write us an essay everyday. If there were dev journals and it wasn't updated that's a pretty rediculous that you guy's could be so lazy lol. Inb4: we aren't being paid to do this. If you are going to put so much effort into a 'hobby' then what's 5 more minutes on top of that? like I said before, you guys might not find it interesting but others do.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like an hourly summary of your days from now on as well. You amuse me, surely its not to much work to just jot down what you did today?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to remember. This is not a job. People go to work, go to school, do homework, study for exams, have families, friends they hang out with or other things they need to take care of. And what little free time there is left is spent on ESF.
I would take this as your answer and stop being a jerk

Discord Member
Best answers
I am not being a jerk? If my response seemed like I was attacking Grega I wasn't. He simply upset me because he completely misinterpreted my message which means he skimmed over what I wrote. Both Reptile and Deverz seem to suffer the same problem of not reading what people say. I'll use Grega as an example. If Grega was to sit on his computer one day and think to himself "think I might work on a map today" He would spend let's say 2 hours doing it (guessing) ? afterwards he would do something else. Why not take 5 minutes out of the alloted time that you plan to spend on working on a map just to write down what you plan to do / have done. I'm not asking anyone to tell me what they do everyday all day. What I am asking is not difficult, not time consuming and better for everyone. Honestly you guy's are making it sound like this is a MASSIVE deal. Like this is would majorly halt the ******* production of the game when it's a few lines everyday? obviously not everyday if you haven't worked on anything ESF related that day. Both Deverz and Reptile's reponse's almost made me sick.

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then perhaps you should visit a doctor?
Your posts are very hard to read there is no break, use paragraphs.

What if "Grega's" day involes
Wake up
Breakfast
Work
Come home and say hello to family
Leave for night school
Return home
Eat
Play with kids
Map for 30mins
Do homework
Sleep

Where's the 5 mins to write up your post. Some people are just seriously 100% busy

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh wow really? Sorry for almost making you sick with sarcasm.

I perfectly understood what you said and where you were coming from, but your suggestion would be a nuisance to keep up with. Surely you dont write a report about the stuff you do daily to your boss do you?

Discord Member
Best answers
Deverz I am not here to impress you and I will type however I like. Don't like it? don't read it. Nobodies day is 100% filled. Not someone that finds time to develop a game that is. It's simple, just add 5 minutes onto it. Reptile like I said before it is not a report. It's a few lines a day BRIEFLY summarising what you worked on that day. Heck If I was a coder for ESF and someone asked me do this I WOULD do it. Why would I do it? it's not difficult and I'm a nice guy like that. More to the point, it's NOT time consuming. I'd like for both Reptile and Deverz to write out 5 dot points and tell me how long it takes. If it takes you more then 5 minutes then you should go see the doctor.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega is in charge of PR and hence you, and he gave you a response, which was no.

What more do you need.

I was informing you about paragraphs to help you not pick on you

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am waiting for an actual response on the matter from someone in charge not you.
You had one.

Then everyone would be to focused on updates to get much work done.

Heck even taking a POTW is kind of a chore nowadays, let alone daily updates.

In the past before the 1.2 release there were developer journals that devs updated with what they were doing. It was less updated than the news articles ^^

Adding 1 extra task to the load thats already there is not really a good idea. Though i do understand how you feel.
Also i'm not planning to leave since i enjoy this forum with all its nutters

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Wait.. Grega is in charge of PR? That's new to me :p. In any case.. I'm already setting up somewhat of a blog for the dev to post in. Each dev get's their own blog, but whenever they'll add something in it will be completely up to them.

Discord Member
Best answers
Grega is in charge of PR and hence you, and he gave you a response, which was no.

What more do you need.
He clearly responded without fully reading what I had wrote. More to the point his response wasn't good enough because it was littered with things that aren't true. Examples being time it would take to do these updates and the fact that it would distract attention away from developing the game which anyone with half a brain would know that that is rediculous. Sorry but writting down a few dot points will never be difficult or time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom