Everyone Read this!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made this FAQ for fun. ^_^

Q: Where do I download custom models?
A: Click here.

Q: I want to request a model, what do I do?
A: You can request your model here.

Q: Where do I get modeling programs, skinning programs, ect...?
A: You can click here. ( Look down of the post. )

Q: Where do I look up information on who created the model or skin?
A: Click the above link, and look at the first top lines.

Q: Wheres the guidelines, or posting rules for this forum?
A: This post explains all. Click here.

Q: Okay, now I want to find tutorials for differnet things, where do I go now?
A: Well billy, you look at this thread for alot of information. Click here. ( Lightwave 3D, Low poly tutorial., and 3D Studio Max, Low poly tutorial. )

Q: What's ripping or cloning?
A: Ripping is when you claim other people's work without permission. Cloning is using another person's model, as a ref, and following poly, by poly.

Q: What's the difference of shareware, freeware, and wares?
A: Shareware usally has a limited, or a trail on it for like 30 days, 120 days, ect. Freeware means the program is completly free. Warez are pirrated programs that's been stolen, and is illigal to have.

Warez, ripping, and cloning is a bad thing! Keep that in mind, or else you don't want to get caught with the masterminds. :O

More will be updated, and added. So far, give some suggestions to help new people, or anything that should be edited, ect.. If you would like, you can pm for the suggestions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
great idea, this should definatly keep out unesasary threads

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Does the BWAHAHAHAHAAHA* Yes Bleach > all XD

Nice, Maybe this should be stickified

Best answers
Its a shame all n00bs are fitted with an anti-intelligence module, therfore would be unable to read this.

Best answers
Cloning is using another person's model, as a ref.
Wrong. Using another person's model as a reference is not cloning, simply using it as reference, which is just as "bad" as using an anime pic as reference. Sticking a picture of it in the background and tracing over the edges is cloning.

Using something as reference does not mean that you are copying it.

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
0_o... Correct me if i'm wrong here but Stickin a picture in the background is the way you use pictures as a reference... so its pretty much the same what he explained right

Best answers
Just looking at a model can be using it as reference. A reference is just something you refer to to make the model as accurate as possible ;)

You can use things for reference without the model being a clone, that's what I'm saying. A better way of explaining coning would probably be:
"cloning is copying a model by using a render of the victim's model as a template."

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you still need to give credit to the origional model's creator, in the same way as if davidskiwan drew a referance pic, you credit him.

cloning is the process of looking at someones models, and copying them poly for poly.

end of discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom