EverQuest Next - NextGen MMO Awesomeness

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You want to sprint? That will be 4.99... pounds, not dollars. Are you nuts?

Anyway I'm wondering about a few things regarding this game.

1. How open is the world going to be ,if it is open at all.
2. Just how much can be destroyed in it?
3. If the focus is on destruction, then how many things could happen on the screen while there are many players around? As in things getting destroyed players run around casting shiz and malice each-other with shoes and while AI monsters do shiz.

I wonder how much of this they hope/think/assume they could accomplish, if any of it really is in the plans.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys have the world on your fingertips. But nooooooo, I am a lazy potato and thinking hurts my brain. >.<

The Destruction System said:
Seeing all this in action serves as a reminder that MMORPGs still possess the potential for wonder, and yet developer Sony Online Entertainment's approach isn't without its dangers. Knowing my fellow MMORPG enthusiasts all too well, I couldn't help but wonder what would stop the more industrious (or trollish) types from whittling down this rebooted take on Norrath down to nothing. The answer, as it turns out, should please admirers of beautiful zones but sour those who like to knock down a building and say, "I did that." Not everything can be torn down, and much of the destroyed material eventually regenerates after varying periods of time.

"We have a city called Qeynos, and if everything was destructible, it'd be a parking lot in no time because players would blow everything up," said Dave Georgeson, EverQuest Next's director of development. "So what we'll do instead is we'll have things that are player-destructible and monster-destructible and not destructible." That's not so true of "EverQuest Landmark," however, a type of content generator scheduled for release at an unspecified date later this year, which will allow players to create their own assets for possible inclusion in the live release of EverQuest Next. It's also not so true of the multi-tiered subterranean zones mentioned above, which apparently exist in a much more dynamic state of flux than the world above them.
That's partly because these underground zones will generate the resources for crafting and construction on your own plot of land in Norrath. "We want to make sure that you just can't go to a webpage and find where you're supposed to get something," said Terry Michaels, EQ Next's senior producer. "We actually want players playing our game, not reading a webpage and following step-by-step instructions on how to achieve a goal."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/03/everquest-nexts-innovation-through-destruction

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So there will be two versions ? :D Here's more info http://www.mmofront.com/everquest-next-revealed-is-actually-two-games.html
In Landmark you can basically build like the devs do. And best buildings will get into the EQ next. And i read somewhere that you can sell or get real money for the buildings. So awesome...
Create Amazing Things
Build highly detailed structures with powerful and intuitive tools.
Quickly design complex projects or collaborate with friends to undertake massive shared builds. Lay claim to and control specific areas of huge persistent worlds.

Share Your Imagination with Friends
Landmark’s persistent servers will enable players to interact with and experience the collective imagination of thousands of players in a unique shared world.
Players will have compelling reasons to explore and interact with others. They will congregate at crafting hubs, build design templates to share and trade, and journey across the world to collect the resources required to build and craft.

Build EQN with SOE — Using the Same Tools
Landmark players will gain increasing access to many of the same tools that SOE is using to construct the game world of EQN.

Not only will Landmark give players access to these world building tools, SOE will provide specific guidance on what we want help building.

Through this collaborative approach, EQN may eventually represent the largest overall collaborative development effort in the history of online games. For anyone who has ever thought about becoming a game developer, here is your chance. Together we will build extraordinary things!
[video=youtube;5gvSRXZZwec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gvSRXZZwec[/video]

Last edited:
2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That indeed looks awesome, I somehow doubt it's as easy as the video is trying to display though.
Well making something very good won't be that easy I guess, but e.g minecraft isn't hard, it's just your creativity and patience that is limiting you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom