EURO 2012

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So the football tournament is up for some time. I am not expecting americans to watch it, but how about us europeans?

The tournament was pretty solid up till now, not as suprising as the last World Cup in 2008, but interesting non the less.

Anyone else watches it besides me?

Best answers
Even though my country doesn't participate, I keep track on the matches and I try to watch them every day. It's going pretty well so far - every match has at least one goal so far, so that's something good.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only care to watch Germany play and that is really all. That or watch Remi do trick shots.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm ashamed of the Dutch team, they used to be acceptable(if not lucky) in the world cup, but now they're totally out of shape. The coach is making wrong choices, players don't know what to do and the defense is just terrible.
If we somehow win from Portugal and Germany wins from Denmark, we still have to ask ourselves if we are even worthy of progressing to the next round.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watch some of the matches when i have the time.
For example... Sweden - England was a great match today. :)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm ashamed of the Dutch team, they used to be acceptable(if not lucky) in the world cup, but now they're totally out of shape. The coach is making wrong choices, players don't know what to do and the defense is just terrible.
If we somehow win from Portugal and Germany wins from Denmark, we still have to ask ourselves if we are even worthy of progressing to the next round.
Yeah #2 of the world is "acceptable"
They somehow lost the ability to play as a team I'm afraid.

Besides that, I really enjoyed how Germany plays. Except for that annoyingly well performed stalling.

I watch some of the matches when i have the time.
For example... Sweden - England was a great match today. :)
Yarr, it was rather enjoyable!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was completely shocked that we beat sweden, given the track record haha.

Best answers
I loved how Portugal played today. Even though I don't really like Ronaldo, I can't deny that he was the star of the match.
It's kind of sad that we won't see Holland in the quarter finals, but oh well - better luck next time.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well I am very happy its over for the netherlands to be honnest. If we lose from denmark while 2 years at world championship we won, we dont deserve to progress.
From day 1 untill today there was a lack of good team work and working hard.
Still believe if they had chosen for other players to select from day 1 then it would have been better I suppose.

I think Germany is the most favorite now to win this one.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well I am very happy its over for the netherlands to be honnest. If we lose from denmark while 2 years at world championship we won, we dont deserve to progress.
From day 1 untill today there was a lack of good team work and working hard.
Still believe if they had chosen for other players to select from day 1 then it would have been better I suppose.

I think Germany is the most favorite now to win this one.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Been on a holiday in Turkey for about a week so haven't had time to look at all of the games. But being a swede, I'm really proud of the Swedish team and how they fared well against both England and France. Lately the Swedish team have been a letdown for it's folks back home and they had a hard time getting together and play good these few years. Our worries were yet again sparked on how we played against Ukraine, we were shit. Didn't connect with the ball at all and no offense. However, against England, that was an exciting match. The best I've seen from Sweden in a long time, and England played amazing football as well. Even though Sweden couldn't proceed further in the tournament after that match, they still played and won a match against France. The Swedish people felt that the team did a fantastic job this tournament and we are really proud of our team once again, even though we didn't proceed to the next round.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
England were terrible, Italy should have beaten us 3-0 easy.

Best answers
That's going to be a big match for sure. I predict that Spain will win.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spain will take the tournament. But still, England need to change everything -.- still playing their shitty 4-4-2, and playing long balls all the ******* time, losing and giving up possession so quickly and so easily. Really shocking. Greece played better than us. And Ashley Young...really shouldn't have been even put in the first team. Should have been Milner on the left, and Walcott or Oxlade on the right. Was unbelievable what a shit tournament Young had; especially when it came to penalties. Someone with a track record of 5 successful penalties out of 12 is not someone who should be taking penalties -.- England's defiance has cost them yet again. Resolute stubborness in each tournament since '02, they deserve to lose it all. Subbing Henderson on as well? ******* stupid. Taking off Welbeck, putting on Andy Caroll, then taking off Milner and putting Walcott on, Hodgson played England like Wirtek played Holland. Didn't pick players to compliment each other, especially with his crappy 4-5-1 formation.
Holland deserved to go out of the tournament early, really glad they didn't make it out of the group stages. Putting two left-footed long distance shooters on the right (Robben and van Persie) of which neither can use their right foot effectively, especially Robben, was a seriously stupid tactic, especially when every defender knows Robben will charge up the right flank of the pitch, then look to cut in onto the left so he can take the shot on his left foot. Another disappointing tournament. Bring back the golden age of football. The beautiful seven years that was 98-2005. Totti, Figo, Zidane, a young, hungry Rooney, Henry - the list is endless. RIP the football that made us all go "ooooooooh shi-".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom