esf_namek_island

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad CS, the only thing I can say right now is that the part that has null faced cliffs look kind of blockish... or are they null since you haven't finished working them?

Anyways, nice job :). The only thing is, is the way DJ (I only assume from what I've seen) uses area textures, so unless you crop and edit DJ's textures (or he gives them to you tiled) it'll be hard to utilise the new namek textures.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm..... looks nice but ..... argh ... need pics from above in the middle and on the place anywhere whee i could be ssee everthing ... but that pic i couldnt give some crits ^^ sry but at first i can say its looks nice but r there any special? deystroyable ? teleport? hurting? or something like that? because its allready sucks every time is anywhere a map without destroing telport or hurting whatever more....

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
Not bad CS, the only thing I can say right now is that the part that has null faced cliffs look kind of blockish... or are they null since you haven't finished working them?

Anyways, nice job :). The only thing is, is the way DJ (I only assume from what I've seen) uses area textures, so unless you crop and edit DJ's textures (or he gives them to you tiled) it'll be hard to utilise the new namek textures.
I still have to work on those yah, it's my own slopy technique, i allways raise and lower the brushes, till i get a rough indication of what it should look like, then i use vertex manipulation to smooth everything out.

Normally esf releases their new textures with a release, i assumed they would do it again.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
the brushwork looks really good :)

and dont expect (too much) new textures with 1.2 :p since you cannot use the textures from one of the new maps for other maps then the one they were created for ... but youll see what i mean when 1.2 is out :)

G-Bear
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Nice map Cold Steel o:

Maybe you could add some trees and some namekian houses o:

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, you can't see models in valve hammer 3d view.

I think i know what you mean DJ, let's say the textures are not seperated, but the entire thing that covers the map is one big texture, you adjusted the brushes in order to make them fit with the brushes. Am i close :p?

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
cold steel said:
Heh, you can't see models in valve hammer 3d view.

I think i know what you mean DJ, let's say the textures are not seperated, but the entire thing that covers the map is one big texture, you adjusted the brushes in order to make them fit with the brushes. Am i close :p?
close but not 100% correct :p

and youre wrong ... you can see 3d models in hammer :p
just use hammer 3.5b and an updated fgd file :eek:

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you should texture blend the bottom of the cliffs, in some places you have the patched grass touching the cliffs, it looks sort of weird, maybe go:

Cliff -> Namek Grass -> Patch Grass

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I know what you mean shadow, but this would mean i would have to scale every rock texture individualy to apply such a thing, and then it would look even weirder.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
damn you! i was making a namek map to ;() now no one will ike mine...but yea nice ^^

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Then i will make it pwn even more :p

Anyway, i'm off doing some tests, i'll get some screenies soon.

:::edit:::

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_namek_island0000.JPG
As you can see there is still room for improvement, things like these still have to be smoothed. But i liked the idea of a cliff hanging over you to seek cover.

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_namek_island0003.JPG
This is the lake in the middle of the island. I think i will scale up the water, it looks a bit generic to me.

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_namek_island0005.JPG
No comment.

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_namek_island0006.JPG
There will also be plenty of room underwater, as you can see.

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_namek_island0008.JPG
From this angle you get a nice view from the entire map.

I was about to upload a new topview, but i used up all my free upload limit. If anyone would be so nice to host it for me, you'll be able to get a good overview. (i feel lazy today)

Keep in mind i still might change some stuff, and that the texturing is not done yet. Also i only added a light_environment so far. The lighting will be improved when all other things are done. But as allway, feel free to give some critics.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This map could use lots of trees and some personality.

Right now its just a hunk of land with small hills. Put more personality into it.

Those houses are a start in the "personality" sector.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, i forgot, i will add the trees/houses, when all the other stuff is done.

Best answers
looking good to me... i'm sure it's much better with trees and houses .. so keep on:)

Best answers
yea specially trees will make the map 100% better :) i cant wait to see the map when trees / houses has been placed :D keep up the good work

Best answers
Like it =D Love the cliff there in the front hanging over the water :yes:

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The cliff could probally have trees growing from it. You know liek how some trees here grow outta the side of cliffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom