ESF_1.3_openbeta-20-01-2007 Help !!

Best answers
I have some problems with the new ESF_1.3_openbeta-20-01-2007,.. when i turn on ESF and create a new server, it crash, when loading "parsing server info" do i need something, or do i do something wronge ?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you aren't online, make sure you set the server to lan before you create it. That worked for me.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pls give us more detalis like ar you runing steam what is your video optin from the game and stuff like that that can be helpfull

Best answers
Yea ive got this problem to. It like when parsing the info it goes back to the main screen and if i got to someone elses server it says this steam aaccount does not own this game.

Mog

Best answers
So everything worked fine in the first openbeta, but not the 20-01-2007 version?
If that is the case, then i'd say it is most likely just a bad installation... re-install.
Maybe the install file has problems, so try a different one from a reliable source if you still have the same problem...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, happened to me with the first version, but I just clicked the lan option when creating servers and it worked. I had to do it again after I patched 1.3.

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ok i re-installed everything...still the same problem..when i create a lan game it goes back to the game menu..it gives the same error ;(

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you using steam? Have you tried creating a server while you're online? Can you join other servers?

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yes i am using steam...and i can join servers but i cant create any servers...and yes i have tried creating a server while im online but it doesnt work..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem must be exclusive to you and 2 or 3 other people then.

Mog

Best answers
ok i re-installed everything...still the same problem..when i create a lan game it goes back to the game menu..it gives the same error ;(
You havent even told us what the error message is yet... :rolleyes:

Mog

Best answers
Well, imo, that error sounds like one of the following:

1. You are trying to join an ESF 1.2.3 server, but you are currently playing ESF 1.3 Open Beta.

2. You are trying to join an ESF 1.3 Open Beta server, but you are currently playing ESF 1.2.3.

3. When you installed the open_beta 20-01-2007 patch...
...instead of patching the esf_openbeta (1.3) folder, you may have patched the esf (1.2.3) folder.

I think 3 would be most likely... I think it would cause very similar problems to what you have described.
The liblist.gam file from the 20-01-2007 patch, would replace the 1.2.3 liblist.gam file. That would make 1.2.3 think it is the Open Beta, and Steam would think it is too. :scared:
This would probably cause errors when you create a server too, wrong file versions, files missing, etc...

but I don't really know... I'm probably completely wrong...
It would help us if you explained how you installed Open Beta 20-01-2007.
patch .zip, full install .zip, or the RedSaiyan installer program .exe?? ...stuff like that. :]

Discord Member
Best answers
I have this same problem and still can't figure it out, any more ideas? I have read all the posts and tried reinstalling and everything. Can someone give like a tutorial on how to install it?

Discord Member
Best answers
I know but I have the same problem and I figured bringing this back was better than making a new one about the same thing. I have the same problem and I need help with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom