ESF_(dunno yet)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF_Volcano

Well I was practising VM and well it started looking pretty good so I decided to keep it :). It is still a work in progress and is not textured... yet. All I got is the mountain, pond and just started 1 piece of terrain. Anyhow, thought I'd show this. I know its hard to see cause of the colours all being the same (well half-half) but I'm too tired and lazy to change them :p.

Pictures Will Be Updated Here

Ingame Shots
Updated September 19th 2003

Valve Hammer Editor Shots
Updated September 24th 2003, 8:30

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks a bit generic. Try to add more sharp edges to the mountain.

Best answers
u should make it a volcano i thought that would be cool like u could go inside there was a small cave at the bottom ,just ideas

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay I'll do that, thanks, so its ESF_Volcano, I have textured the volcano and the insides, but I'll post pics later.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, make it bigger before posting images. :p

Best answers
that was one of my first maps :D a volcano with a fighting arena in it, too bad it looked like ****

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well got some more pictures of it in game, still missing 1 mountain, and the entrance to the first volcano needs to be fixed. And the sky is not my fault *kicks D3D* Open GL isn't working on my comp so thats what happens :(

*EDIT* That big blank spot is more or less where the mountain will go, I'll add more terrain depending on the shape of the mountain *EDIT*

Best answers
I must say that this will become a great map, but you will need to put something in it, more than the 1 volcano and the mountain. You could put trees on the mountain slopes, or maybe a river throught the map.Also featuring on the slope of the mountain a MOUNTAIN HERMITS HOUSE!!!!! These are just suggestions what could make this map look better although it is still in the development isn't it? But still a great map! Have it ready soon!

Best answers
How bout making the classic volkano? and have that "petit" one on the side?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh, and add teh cool lava fx! i like the map shadow, just randomize the terrain a bit more, and it should come out great.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's looking really nice Shadow, me likes! ^.^
I got an idea that would make it look cool, maybe add some steam sprites to it and make little volcanic steam geysers? Just a lil' suggestion. ;)
Keep working on it, its gonna be a real fun map. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Artchowsky said:
I must say that this will become a great map, but you will need to put something in it, more than the 1 volcano and the mountain. You could put trees on the mountain slopes, or maybe a river throught the map.Also featuring on the slope of the mountain a MOUNTAIN HERMITS HOUSE!!!!! These are just suggestions what could make this map look better although it is still in the development isn't it? But still a great map! Have it ready soon!
Well I am going to add a volcano, whether it will be big or small I don't know. I want to create the edges of the map to be like esf_cell_day cause I like that style. I will add lava inside, I have already made the place just gotta add it in ;). As for the trees, I'll need a modeller cause there are no trees that suit a deserted volcano area :(.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks to me like the esf trees would fit fine on that map

Best answers
Well, those trees could be just black sticks from the ground,
because they just look like black sticks at the volcanoes! :p
And now I have a perfect vision of that mountain hermits house that i
mentioned before: Brown cottage, breaks when shot, when shot a voice
can be heard: Leave me alone, you punks! Great idea eh? :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
looks to me like the esf trees would fit fine on that map
I was thinking something with no leaves... but I guess I could :p

SSJ Artchowsky said:
Well, those trees could be just black sticks from the ground,
because they just look like black sticks at the volcanoes! :p
And now I have a perfect vision of that mountain hermits house that i
mentioned before: Brown cottage, breaks when shot, when shot a voice
can be heard: Leave me alone, you punks! Great idea eh? :D
I'm not sure about the cottage, I want this map to have as much terrain as possible. And thats what I was thinking with the trees :]

Added some pictures, on the first post of in Hammer, to show you that I am still going even with school on my ass :devgrin:

They are on the first post, that is where they will be from now on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom