ESF: New Playable character

Best answers
I thought about a new playable characters for ESF. What do you think about great apes?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Don't think that's gonna happen bud. It'd probably be way too much for the half life 1 engine to handle, and would most likely be overpowered. It wouldn't fit the game either, and I wouldn't have a clue on to how you would melee a great ape with the melee system they implemented on ESF. Maybe using ki blasts or something, I don't know. 95% sure it wont happen though

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Even discounting the Gold Source engine, it would be kind of terrible. Even if it almost insta-gibbed at one hit, it would still be a horrible thing to play as. You couldn't swoop, you couldn't ki attack, you could hardly even move fast, I mean, it is an ape.
Besides, it wouldn't fit the way the game simply works, like Grounder said. :|
Maybe in ESF: ECX RC3? :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No monkeys in ESF sorry. The size different for the models makes that look totally rediculous, and everything bigger than a character ATM might as well have a target painted on it saying "Shoot to kill"

Basically EVM tried it once in version 1.2, but they removed it as soon as they saw how silly it really is.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
If you played the Budokai Tenkaichi games for the PS2, you can see how overpowered giant characters can be. There's really not too much balance to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom